A Few Cookie Questions For Newbie

Baking By patooty70 Updated 2 Dec 2006 , 11:22pm by 2xMiMi

patooty70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patooty70 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:29am
post #1 of 8

Hello,
I'm new to making decorated cookies and I've got an order for 10 dz decorated sugar cookies. I was going to try out antonia's icing as most people seem to like it. I was wondering if one batch of icing would be enough to cover 10 dz cookies (probably about 3").

Also, the icing will need to be pink, so do you recommend buying pink color or just use red coloring?

Any Canadians (Toronto area) know where luster dust is sold? Never mind, found a store locally! I was thinking about using it to give the cookies a shiny/glittery look? Any thoughts?

TIA icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 10:13am
post #2 of 8

Welcome to Cake Central. I am not sure you can get that many cookies iced with one batch of icing. I would think maybe one and a half batches. Also, depending on the shade of pink you are trying to acheive, you might want to get some regular pink color. Good luck with your order and be sure to post photos.

Cindy

patooty70 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 10:39am
post #3 of 8

Hi Cindy,
thanks for your welcome and help. I was thinking that I would probably have to do a double batch of icing - I'd rather have too much as it's hard to match the color when coloring separate batches. Definitely will post pics!

Rachel

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 8

I just made 60 (so far) NFSC that were the wedding cake cutter size (as in my pictures) and have made 3 batches of frosting so far!

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8

What's antonia's icing? I tried a search on the recipe gallery but nothing came up.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 8

Go to the article "How to Bake and Decorate Cookies", antonia's icing recipe is in there

patooty70 Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 8

Hi All, I finally finished my cookies - this is my first cookie order. The person didn't want any fancy decorations - only requirement was pink icing. I used a sugar cookie recipe and the icing is called Sugar Baby Icing.

Happy Baking!
LL

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:22pm
post #8 of 8

They look great - I have plans to do some cookies for the first time. I hope mine turn out as good as yours icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%