My Second Wedding Cake - Wonder What Happened?

Decorating By sls0812 Updated 31 Jul 2005 , 7:22am by nernan

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

I just posted my second wedding cake (first one was last weekend) in the gallery and I noticed that the icing on the second tier is see thru. First off let me say that it is a lot more noticeable on my camera than it was in person. I was wondering though if this has ever happened to anyone else. I think it might have been the heat that got to it on the ride over there. I know it wasn't see thru at my house before I brought it, unless my lighting just didn't show it. Anyway, the bride was very easy to please and it didn't bother her (it really wasn't that noticeable there). I am ready to take a brake from the wedding cake scene - its really hard with 2 babies under 3 running around while Im trying to work. Im ready for next weekend when I can get back to the birthday scene.

4 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 12:34am
post #2 of 5

Oh my, you do have your hands full w/the wedding cakes and 2 babies!! The cake is beautiful and you did a wonderful job on it! Summer does take its toll on buttercream icing .. I'm so worried about this Cream Cheese Icing that I'll be using on a cake next weekend.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 1:12am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls0812

I just posted my second wedding cake (first one was last weekend) in the gallery and I noticed that the icing on the second tier is see thru. First off let me say that it is a lot more noticeable on my camera than it was in person. I was wondering though if this has ever happened to anyone else. I think it might have been the heat that got to it on the ride over there. I know it wasn't see thru at my house before I brought it, unless my lighting just didn't show it. Anyway, the bride was very easy to please and it didn't bother her (it really wasn't that noticeable there). I am ready to take a brake from the wedding cake scene - its really hard with 2 babies under 3 running around while Im trying to work. Im ready for next weekend when I can get back to the birthday scene.

Like some people say, the heat does take a toll on icing....

I use a lot of 100% Crisco recipe for that reason... it just stands so well under hot weather......

If it is for a special occasion outdoors, I use the extra special recipe of adding whipped cream to the buttercream recipe and it tastes wonderful.

What recipe of icing did you use?

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 1:23am
post #4 of 5

I think the cake looks great...you hardly can notice! The design of the cake is very unique...You did an awesome job! thumbs_up.gif
traci

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 7:22am
post #5 of 5

Beautiful cake, well done

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%