Heated Craft Knife.

Decorating By Julisa Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm by abeverley

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 12

Can anyone tell me where to buy a heated craft knife? And is that what it's called? I called Hobby Lobby and the lady said she didn't know what I was talking about.
Thanks

11 replies
swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 12

yea i went to joanns and they had no idea either. i got mine from acmoore (which i returned due to smoking issues). but i know others have gotten them from michaels too. gluck

btw i just asked for a heated exacto knife.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 12

ok, you have me curious... what would you use this for? icon_rolleyes.gif

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 12

I have one, I think it is called a hot marks, it is a heated knife and cuts the foam core boards. I use it to cut 1/2 inch foam core circles.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 12

It's used for cutting foamcore for cake boards. I got mine quite awhile back at JoAnns. It came in a kit "Creative Versa-Tool" made by Walnut Hollow. I believe it was by the dowels because it can be used in wood burning. The kit wasn't too expensive because I used one of their 50% coupons on it.

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 12

Good grief! I have one of these sitting upstairs and never thought to use it! I think I got mine at Wallyworld and it is made by Walnut Hollow. It has lots of different tips in it for other uses.

Julisa Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:19pm
post #7 of 12

Cool. Now I know what to ask for. I'll try calling Hobby Lobby again.
Thanks

Julisa Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 12

Ok. So no one at this Hobby Lobby knows anything. I don't have time to drive to a Michaels so I took a regular Xacto knife and held it over a candle. I worked better than a box cutter, but probably not as good as the actual thing. Oh well.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 12

Walmart has them, that is where I got mine!

Julisa Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #10 of 12

The Wal-Mart down here doesn't carry half the stuff that the ones in bigger cities do. We got lucky when we found the limited edition of Jello in the Margarita, Pina Colada, and Strawberry Daq. flavors. I am definatly going to go to Michales to buy one for my next project.

Julisa Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:58pm
post #11 of 12

The Wal-Mart down here doesn't carry half the stuff that the ones in bigger cities do. We got lucky when we found the limited edition of Jello in the Margarita, Pina Colada, and Strawberry Daq. flavors. I am definatly going to go to Michales to buy one for my next project.

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm
post #12 of 12

At michaels it is in the wood carving/making section and is called a hot knife.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%