Help Should I Buy The Cuisinart 7Qt Mixer? Anyone Have It?

Decorating By salome Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm by LisaMaeCakes

salome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salome Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am thinking of buying the Cuisinart 7Qt mixer but i am not sure if it's worth the price, does anyone have one? could you tell me how it performs?

Salome

4 replies
punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 5

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I had a good look at it in the store and the website. What sounds neat is that the 7qt (because of the shape of the bowl) can do small amounts as well.

I wonder if it would last like a KA will?

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 5

I got one after someone here posted a link to a sale for it.($100 off reg. price). Got it and love it! I have a KA 6 qt epicurean, but have been using the cuisinart exclusively.

I wanted to give it a couple of months before I recommended it, but so far it's been a very good machine.

I love that it's a tilt head, heavy duty, large quantity machine. The attachments are easier to clean and I like the design of the paddle better than KA.

I also prefer the CA dust cover better as it attaches to the top part and when you tilt the head it also comes up, also it fits flush to the bowl, so there really is no dust. With KA, there is just enough space between the dust cover for you to still get spill over. (at least with mine).

It is lighter than KA, so I thought it might move with heavier batters, but it stays put!

Also I like that the "footprint" is smaller than KA, so takes up less counter space, however you have to make sure there is enough space behind and above for it to tilt.

To be fair, I haven't done bread batters in it yet, so I can't compare but I have done cookie batters and it did a very good job.

I love the built in timer! It's nice for mixing bc. I don't have to worry about overmixing if I get busy with something else.

Can't speak on its long term durability yet, but if I have problems I'll be sure to post those too.

I'm glad you posted this question! HTH

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much for the info - I am definitely going to give it some real consideration.

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 5

I just got one this past Monday. Only used it to mash up a small amount of potatoes and it did great. Planning on wearing it out this weekend though on some real baking.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%