Nancy's Fancy Melvira!!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 6:20pm by CarolAnn

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:05pm
post #61 of 148

Just returned to this thread and took another look through the postings since it first appeared. A couple of comments and questions. I definitely like the Melvira cookie topper the best too, though the jewelry bling is pretty cool. Stacked wins out tiered, though your bling tiers are neat. As to your B-cake Melvira, if you didn't make your own cake I'm hoping someone made you one? Can't have birthdays without cake.... it's against Cake Laws( can't remember the punishment, though I've heard it is severe!). Now if you gave up the cake in trade for Johnny or Orlando, I'd understand.... though girls, Pierce Brosnan or Robert Redford for me, cause even as they age they are classic stud muffins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:42pm
post #62 of 148

Khoudek... I will indian leg wrestle you for Pierce! That man is the most elegant, gorgeous, sohisticated man... and his wife is (was?) a big girl, and he said he didn't give a rat's patootie... he loved her for who she was, not how she looked. icon_eek.gif Does this guy really exist???

Ok, so, since you asked, I will show you what the edible portion of the cake was. It's sad, but it tasted SOOOO good! Coconut with coconut whipped icing. Delish!! Or course, it's not smoothed with the Melvira method because it's the whipped icing! icon_wink.gif
LL

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:49pm
post #63 of 148

Standard laughing matter in my family about Pierce Brosnan. When he did the centerfold for Cosmopolitan many many years ago, I had the magazine in my nightstand. My nosey daughter (now 32 yrs old) found it. Didn't tell me about it until years later. Said that was the first man she ever saw naked. Now when we see him on TV, we crack up. But then, this is the same kid that used to tell everyone that Bob Barker was her dad. We have never figured out how she came to that conclusion..........

I have to agree about him and Robert Redford. I'll even throw Clint Eastwood in that category. Guess we are telling our ages.............. icon_lol.gif

Diane

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:58pm
post #64 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

But yes... 'those' landed me my husband. He will argue that it was only the initial thing that brought him in, and he ended up respecting my mind... but then he'll look over at me and make the pinchy hands in the air and go... "Booooobies!!!" It's kind of sad! icon_lol.gif

Sounds JUST like my husband and yes, I have done the duct tape trick as well...brides should NEVER ask their large chested friends to wear a BACKLESS dress-are they mental??!! Held up great, was a BIT** coming off!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:14pm
post #65 of 148

Oh Melvira, I just love your cake! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Teresa1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teresa1976 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:23pm
post #66 of 148

The cookie and cake are beautiful! On the subject of landing hubby's... my DH was given the nickname Hooter from his frat brothers in college!! I learned of this fact after we were engaged. They still call him that to this day. When we have get togethers by the end of the night I am saying "Hey Hoot, get me a drink"

Any way I digress...I love this site. This is a great example of the wonderful community we have here!

T

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:27pm
post #67 of 148
Quote:

but then he'll look over at me and make the pinchy hands in the air and go... "Booooobies!!!" It's kind of sad! icon_lol.gif

I'm so glad my husband isn't the only one, I was starting to worry about him icon_smile.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:31pm
post #68 of 148

Melvira wrote....
then he'll look over at me and make the pinchy hands in the air and go... "Booooobies!!!" It's kind of sad!

OMG Mel....I just spit my no fail sugar cookies out my nose laughing at this...you are hilarious....uh and about the cake that say's "I'm Old"....yeah right...what 25...30 at most?? you younguns...

Melvira Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:36pm
post #69 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeRN

...yeah right...what 25...30 at most?? you younguns...

Hey, that's the joke! I know I'm not old. I'm a seasoned 35, which is nothing in the grand scheme! Oh man, a woman is never supposed to tell her age! But seriously I don't get people who lie about their age... I'd rather say I was older and have people think, "Wow, she looks amazing for her age!" rather than lie and have them walking away thinking, "She musta been rode hard and put away wet!"

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:13am
post #70 of 148
Quote:

rather than lie and have them walking away thinking, "She musta been rode hard and put away wet!"

Heck, I LOVE when I get to look like that icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:24am
post #71 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole!! icon_wink.gif

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:38am
post #72 of 148

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!
The cake and cookie are both stunning! You both did an amazing job.
BTW i just want to say thank you for the melvira method...just tried it last time i iced a cake. Cant thank you enough!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:08am
post #73 of 148
Quote:

OMG!! I can't believe we are discussing my cleavage! hahahahaha! It's my DH's favorite subject! But I have to point out, that is how I GOT the nickname "Melvira". If you recall "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" she had those gi-normous bazongas... well, yeah, I don't really have to spell it out for you. I got that nickname in high school when I had really long hair that I dyed black (Yes, sometimes with the white streak) and I had this reaaalllly low cut dress that I wore for Halloween that year. (With about half a roll of duct tape!) icon_lol.gif But yes... 'those' landed me my husband. He will argue that it was only the initial thing that brought him in, and he ended up respecting my mind... but then he'll look over at me and make the pinchy hands in the air and go... "Booooobies!!!" It's kind of sad! icon_lol.gif

ROFLMBO!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:21am
post #74 of 148

OK Melvira, I am willing to share Pierce, but only because Robert will be left. And truly it is very piggy of you to demand Johnny from Nancy's Fancy AND Pierce also. The gluttony of it all!!!! As for your true birthday cake, if 35 is old then I'm readyfor the nursing home! You're a baby, girl! I could be your mom. I think the cake should read I'm a young thing with "Boobies".
(Can you tell that's from someone much less endowed?)

DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:27am
post #75 of 148
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole!! icon_wink.gif

...thank heavens, Mel - it's not YOUR ten foot pole I'm interested in!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

oh I am so filthy....but it had to be said icon_surprised.gif

ANYWAY.....back to the subject at hand...

Was wondering what your cake might look like if you use Disco Dust instead of Pearl or Luster Dust on the detailed fondant "bars" then the whole cake would sparkle!

Also curious on those pillars...do you have them on a bottom separator plate you've painted black?

I'm in awe of this cake, it's so cool I want to make one RIGHT AWAY!!! It's kinda like a wedding cake you'd do when a Harley biker marries a stripper icon_lol.gif that's not meant as an insult!!!

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:43am
post #76 of 148

Kudos to all! what a VERY impressive piece of work/art....
although, melvira, i believe you could go into story telling if you ever had the urge...(maybe illustrated with cookies/cakes? hmmmm).

anyhow....brad? orlando? johnny depp?
PUH leeeze!
give me a man that can cook AND has a brain. given a choice? i'd take alton brown.....

Sally

DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #77 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadPhoeMom

PUH leeeze!
give me a man that can cook AND has a brain. given a choice? i'd take alton brown.....

Sally

OOOOOHH MEE TOO MEE TOO MEE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melvira Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:00am
post #78 of 148
Quote:

...thank heavens, Mel - it's not YOUR ten foot pole I'm interested in!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

oh I am so filthy....but it had to be said icon_surprised.gif

ANYWAY.....back to the subject at hand...

Was wondering what your cake might look like if you use instead of Pearl or on the detailed fondant "bars" then the whole cake would sparkle!

Also curious on those pillars...do you have them on a bottom separator plate you've painted black?

I'm in awe of this cake, it's so cool I want to make one RIGHT AWAY!!! It's kinda like a wedding cake you'd do when a Harley biker marries a stripper icon_lol.gif that's not meant as an insult!!!

OMG... I am going to try and answer your questions, but I can't stop giggling at the fact that we have the same sense of humor in some instances!! icon_wink.gif I would LOVE to try disco dust, does it really sparkle like that? I have never used it, but would LOVE to! Where do you get yours?

As for the pillars, since the cake is a dummy, they are just resting on top of the cake, but if I do this as a real cake (my brother's fiancee now wants this cake for their wedding in slightly different colors) I will use longer hidden pillars (just not cut them down) and push them right into the cake, leaving the rhinestone part showing.

But come on... right after I said I wanted this as my wedding cake if I were to remarry you had to make the Biker/stripper comment? BURN!! icon_wink.gif I'll be feeling that one for a looooong time!

Melvira Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #79 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadPhoeMom

Kudos to all! what a VERY impressive piece of work/art....
although, melvira, i believe you could go into story telling if you ever had the urge...(maybe illustrated with cookies/cakes? hmmmm).

PUH leeeze!

Sally

Ok, I have to admit... I have a crush on Alton. He speaks to the nerd lover in me!!

And actually, I am a writer. If it weren't for my 2 year old I might someday finish this new novel I am working on. I do need some 'beta readers' if you will, so maybe I'll have to use you for that!! icon_wink.gif

DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:05am
post #80 of 148
Quote:

But come on... right after I said I wanted this as my wedding cake if I were to remarry you had to make the Biker/stripper comment? BURN!! icon_wink.gif I'll be feeling that one for a looooong time!

but you DO have the bodacious ta-tas like a stripper, no? (hey I can talk, I do too and it's the only reason I got a second date out of my DH, our first date went baaaaaad.....of course, I wouldn't exactly have them immortalized on a COOKIE though...)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:07am
post #81 of 148

oh and to answer your other question - I have never used Disco Dust, but I think can't we get it here from CC?

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #82 of 148

Both of you have incredible amount of talent that I'm positive *green* icon_confused.gif

In answer to your question: prefer With Pillars (and not be confused because they point to your ...ahem...but because pillars accentuate the cookie topper atop a beautifully done cake) icon_lol.gif

I'm in the league of George Clooney but only as My Arm Candy (no nasty STD for me!).

If I had a choice, I would wish for a TDH that adores me icon_biggrin.gif

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:32am
post #83 of 148

OK----the lady who painted those "bodacious ta ta's" has to jump in here, finally. ( Sorry about the delay---you've all been SO nice.) Thank you!!!!!
But I have to say that as much as I'm enjoying all these head-swelling comments, I'm having even more fun reading who's lusting after whom. Great stuff.
gidgetsmom---"one pirate yummy, one elf yummy" Well put!!
frstech--Sam Elliot---oh yeah!!!

And, Melissa----How can you like Alton AND Johnny?????? Talk about polar opposites! I guess you're covering all the bases. ( you saucy wench)

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:37am
post #84 of 148

Hey! All you gals need to go jump on the new "Recipe Exchange" thread in the Lounge forum. Hopefully we can have some fab new recipes to cook up this quickly approaching holiday season. You all are bound to have some veeery good ones you are just dieing to share with the rest of us! icon_smile.gif

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:00am
post #85 of 148

Congratulations on an awesome collaboration! Absolutely fantabulous end result!!
I hope you'll do something wonderful for the Holiday season - I can really see the two of you producing some jaw-dropping goodies together!

As for Johnny Dep et al...
Oh, Melvira - you are a two (3? 4? 5?)-timing hussy! But that actually works for me, 'cos now I get to share Goran and his Croatian friends with Drgaddy icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

P.S. I'm Australian, so Hugh Jackman is MINE !! party.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:13am
post #86 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

OK----the lady who painted those "bodacious ta ta's" has to jump in here, finally.

I just took a quick peak at your Site. You have an amazing Talent for sure! Are you crazy to be even on this universe!! Wow!

Sorry CC Cake Queens -- I've found a new love!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

.........edited to add: Okay, Matthew McConaughey. Because he's just plain Hot. But George because I remember him when he first showed up on Rozeanne.

No. I change. I pick Matt. My sweetie Matthew McConaughey. thumbs_up.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:36am
post #87 of 148

Melvira, your cake is to die for ! fabulous icon_biggrin.gif
Nancy, I can't believe how fantastic your cookies are !! Unbelievable icon_eek.gif
How long does it take you to do one ?

Ozcookie - I was just thinking, thank god no one's mentioned Hugh yet, 'cos he's mine !!!! icon_cry.gif We could share ??!!!

JanetPlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetPlanet Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 7:23am
post #88 of 148

Here's a tip on how NOT to get your man... and don't you think this suspiciously looks like Nancy's work? Hmmmm...
LL

Melvira Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #89 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

And, Melissa----How can you like Alton AND Johnny?????? Talk about polar opposites! I guess you're covering all the bases. ( you saucy wench)

Ok, MissFancyPants... I'll tell you how! Because, as mentioned, I AM A HUSSY!!! icon_wink.gif

No seriously, I have the most ecclectic taste in men and music!! I am one of the few people I know, where if you flip through my CD's, you'll find Marilyn Manson right next to Hanson. And I love them equally. As for men... give me Jean Claude Van Damme: Meaty, beefy, pretty french accent, or give me Johnny Depp: Thin, straggly, waifish hotness, and I am happy either way! I guess I just like the men!! But hey, I'm 100% faithfull to my DH... except in my mind! thumbs_up.gif

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:30pm
post #90 of 148

Hey Ms. Cleavage Hussy! WOW---the "list" keeps growing! So you also like men that make very bad action movies?!!!
And yes, if it were not for the privacy of our own minds----what's the point in life itself?!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%