Hunting Cake

Decorating By Sandra80 Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 12:12am by JulieB

Sandra80 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:58am
post #1 of 10

i've been asked to do a grooms cake with hunting as a theme. i looked in the gallery for inspiration and all though there were many very nice ones there, nothing struck me as something i want to make. the bride gave me some ideas that are pretty standard, deer head, camo, rifle etc and one that i don't quite get, a bearskin rug ( i read that and i had an image of a little fondant hunter laying on a bearskin rug with a rose in his mouth and candles winking as if waiting for the bride) so now that image has taken over my head and i am truely lost now. i still have every intention of drawing up my joke of an idea above but i would like to present her with something more hunting related as i don't really know her or her soon to be husband and i don't know if they would find it funny or not.

9 replies
redbird Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:13am
post #2 of 10

I think it sounds cute for a wedding cake. Too difficult for me but if you can do it, go ahead.

TractorDiva Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:21am
post #3 of 10

Ok...so the first thing that popped into my head...

a bride dressed in a mossy oak camo gown; the groom in a mossy oak camo tux...each one is sneaking up on the other from either side of a round cake...and from the top peering down at them: a deer, a bear, a turkey, ...I don't know...things that get hunted...?

I figure since you can make all those cool figures (I peeked at your pics)...while it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me, it looks like you can do it easily...

dueter Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:28am
post #4 of 10

I'm for the bear skin rug idea. Too cute thumbs_up.gif

mthiberge Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:32am
post #5 of 10

I like tractorDiva's idea, but I really like your hunter on a bear rug idea...can I add to it?? He needs to be wearing camo skivies...it would be PERFECT!! Plus the rose in his mouth...LOVE IT!!

Sandra80 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 4:05am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TractorDiva

a bride dressed in a mossy oak camo gown; the groom in a mossy oak camo tux...each one is sneaking up on the other from either side of a round cake...and from the top peering down at them: a deer, a bear, a turkey, ...I don't know...things that get hunted...?

I figure since you can make all those cool figures (I peeked at your pics)...while it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me, it looks like you can do it easily...

perfect, i love it thank you for the idea (and the compliment too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

I like tractorDiva's idea, but I really like your hunter on a bear rug idea...can I add to it?? He needs to be wearing camo skivies...it would be PERFECT!! Plus the rose in his mouth...LOVE IT!!

you and i are so on the same wave length.

Sandra80 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:50am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TractorDiva

update....she went with your idea! i drew it up and i'll post pics of the finished product but the wedding isn't until june.

TractorDiva Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 3:57am
post #8 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif I am so excited! I can't wait until June...

Sandra80 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:53pm
post #9 of 10

ok i made the cake. it came out alright. i did try to downplay the guns part, i was not comfortable with the whole "let's go kill some animals" thing. it's in my pics. i'll try to figure out how to post in the thread later.

JulieB Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #10 of 10

Well, the cake turned out great! You do such awesome work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%