I Need To Know How Many Serving Is

Decorating By GLORIA2005 Updated 30 Jul 2005 , 2:34pm by traci

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:39am
post #1 of 9

am makeing a birthday cake but she would like tier so am going to use a 14 12 and 8 would that be enough for aleast 100 people she wants sponge bob so if you have any ideas on how I could a tier cake

8 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:06am
post #2 of 9

I would think that would be enough especially if you do a filling inside. I love doing 3 tier children's birthday cakes! I like to decorate each tier differently with bright colors and put a candle of the character on the top tier. Here are some examples. You could do something like this with Spongebob. Hope to see a pic when you are done!
traci icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:11am
post #3 of 9

Here is a serving chart:
http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm
I have to do a Spongebob and Strawberry combo cake.
I am thinking about doing something like that for a spongebob and strawberry shortcake. I think I am going to do a tier cake like traci showed you, (nice cakes by the way) but I am going to just do the colors and get some stickers or small pictures of the characters and I am going to put them on wires and have them coming out from the top like a fountain. Hope I explained this good enough. Good Luck!

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:18am
post #4 of 9

Brainstorming --- What if you did a bottom layer like the bottom of the ocean...a middle layer like his pineapple house and maybe the top layer as the place he works? or the top as the pineapple would be cute....if you had the impression mat for the quilted look? Hope it helps!

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:34am
post #5 of 9

I Love your cakes traci. I would suggest doing something similar to traci, just use the spongebob theme. Look for a book or look for spongebob graphic on the web.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:39am
post #6 of 9

WOW, I can give opinions all day. BUT don't have any for my own cakes. LOL as I said before I will be needing to make a Spongbob and Oh no not strawberry shortcake, but Bratz combo.. I need ideas. Oh yeah, also I need to do a twin boys 5 Shrek theme cake.. Traci, anyone?? Ideas I need ideas.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 6:01am
post #7 of 9

Briansbaker --- what if for the Bratz/spongebob cake you had the Bratz on top of the cake having a beach party and then spongebob & his crew under the water????

traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 2:06pm
post #8 of 9

Hi brainsbaker!!!! I did a Dora and strawberry shorcake before. It is in my photos. However, it was on a sheet cake. I think if you are going for the tiered look...I would do bright colors...and then on the top do a spongebob candle/figurine in the middle and have little bratz figurines around him. I know they have a cake kit at most bakeries with the bratz. I have also done shrek...Let me scan the picture in and then I will give you some more ideas! icon_smile.gif
traci

traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 2:34pm
post #9 of 9

Brainsbaker...Here is the shrek cake I did. As for the twin boys...you could do a 2 or 3 tier round and put the shrek on top and then put the boys name on the tiers or cakeboard. The shrek I used is actually the top of a bubble bath bottle. I got it at Walmart. I gave the bubble bath to my kids. I had a hard time finding Shrek stuff! You could use some curling ribbon too like I did. I would go with a color scheme of orange, lime green, and white. The mm's would be an easy decoration to use. I want to see pics of what you do!!! Hope that helps!!!!
traci icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%