This is just a hello to everyone...

Decorating By brinarae Updated 30 Jul 2005 , 7:35pm by butrcup

brinarae Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:21am
post #1 of 21

Hi everyone.. I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you all know that I have really enjoyed this site. I have become hooked on cake decorating and love it! I decided to try it back in april of this year with Wilton's course 1, and am getting ready to do course 3 next week. I am really excited! I thought I might enjoy it, but it turns out I LOVE it! It's a good thing I am friends with all my neighbors, as they are all getting cakes now. Also, I have really enjoyed looking at all of your pics. You guys are great! Thanks to everyone who has contributed recipies, advice and everything else. There is so much I want to try now!

20 replies
traci Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:31am
post #2 of 21

Welcome to CC! I hope to see some of your pics soon! This is a great place to get lots of ideas! Enjoy! icon_smile.giftraci

briansbaker Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:18am
post #3 of 21

Welcome to our addiction! icon_biggrin.gif

edcjenv Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:56am
post #4 of 21

Welcome to CC!

ivanabacowboy Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 9:11am
post #5 of 21

Welcome from another newbie! icon_biggrin.gif

cindycakes2 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 11:22am
post #6 of 21

Welcome to the wonderful world of cake decorating!

KATE39 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 12:27pm
post #7 of 21

WELCOME! YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR COURSE III CLASS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES.

vitade Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 21

I also am a newbie. I joined a few weeks ago and just have been reading and getting to know the website. I belong to some other groups but this group is PACKED with information! I haven't learned how to set up my profile completely yet but will as I find the time.

I'm not even sure yet how to logon everyday and see what's new, is there a shortcut way? Hope that's not to stupid of a question. It's just that there is SO MUCH stuff to look at. I don't want to miss anything!

Anyway, I enjoy being on this site and know I will definitely be spending alot of time here!

Peace,

Rose

bigboots Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 1:04pm
post #9 of 21

Welcome to CC icon_smile.gif

Lisa Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 21

Welcome to Cake Central!

leily Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 2:27pm
post #11 of 21

Welcome to Cake Central!

Dannie Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 3:09pm
post #12 of 21

Newbie here too. I actually signed on a couple months ago and forgot about the site (stupid, stupid me) Anyhow, I just decorate cakes with my kids for fun. We're always trying the cakes we see in the Family Fun magazine. I love doing cakes and cupcakes of course for kids schol parties. And I'm not too bad at it (at least, I don't think). However, I had NO IDEA what fondant was or buttercream, I just used the plain o' Pillbury or Betty crocker frosting! Added regular food coloring for colors! And 3D cakes? I had no clue!

So-ya'll have inspired me! I ordered the kitchen aid mixer-apparently a MUST HAVE and signed up for my first Wilton course last night. I start in 2 weeks and I can't wait!

Wish me luck and hope to had my own masterpieces to the gallery!

-Daniell

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:11pm
post #13 of 21

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!! Can't wait to start seeing pictures~ icon_smile.gif

sheilaattaway Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 4:41pm
post #14 of 21

You found the perfect place for your new found hobbie. I love this site to, Sometimes I talk to people on this site more than my family lol

stephanie214 Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:39pm
post #15 of 21

A big warm welcome to all the newbies!!

mvigil Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 5:47pm
post #16 of 21

I have only been on this site for a month but I am already ADDICTED I think I have a problem!

Welcome to everybody!!!!

peacockplace Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 6:19pm
post #17 of 21

Welcome Newbies!!! Don't forget to post those pics... you won't believe how much better your skills will get in a short time! It's good to go back to where you started and see the progress!

Nesmar Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 7:14pm
post #18 of 21

Welcome to all the new cake enthusiasts, looking forward to seeing all the pictures. Good luck Brinarae on your Course III

butrcup Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 7:15pm
post #19 of 21

I have to admit its difficult to post pictures after looking at others-very intimidating...but very inspirational! I would like to say reading all of these forums is so educational and interesting-thank you everyone for sharing all of your wonderful experience-I can't tell you how much time and agony you have all saved me already.

peacockplace Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 7:20pm
post #20 of 21

Maybe Jackie, could make a gallery called "my first cake" Then some of you newbies could see some of us "oldbies". It would be good for a laugh, and you deffinately wouldn't be intimidated anymore! LOL

My first cake at wilton class was so pitiful! It makes me laugh!!!

butrcup Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 7:35pm
post #21 of 21

that road must be very very long-from newbie to oldbie, I can't imagine ever coming close to that kind of talent

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%