Yellow Or White Cake Recipe Needed

Baking By Skylar Updated 26 Feb 2005 , 10:10pm by diane

Skylar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skylar Posted 5 Feb 2005 , 2:38am
post #1 of 8

Hi! I'm pretty new to cake decorating and I always use a boxed cake mix. I would love to make a cake from scratch, but there are so many recipes that I don't know where to start. I really want a great recipe that my family will enjoy. Will anyone share their favorite yellow or white cake recipe? Thank you so much! princess.gif

7 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Feb 2005 , 5:55am
post #2 of 8

Skylar,

Welcome! party.gif Get the book Cake Mix Dr. & dr up your cake mixes! That's what most of us decorators do! Use milk instead of water, use sour cream, pudding, buttermilk into your mixes. It's so easy & tastes homemade! Good Luck! icon_smile.gif ~Tina~

Skylar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skylar Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been reading alot about that book. I'll have to purchase it and give it a try! icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 2:50am
post #4 of 8

Let us know how you like it~ icon_smile.gif

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 4:46am
post #5 of 8

I found a copy of that book at my local library. It was nice to be able to check out the book before I bought it.

nejiad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nejiad Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 1:06am
post #6 of 8

I HAVE READ THAT YOU USE PUDDING MIX IN THE BOX MIX CAN I KNOW HOW,YOU JUST MIX THE PUDDING WITH EVERITHIG OR DO I NEED TO PUT MORE MILK BECAUSE THE PUDDING IS DRIED. icon_redface.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 3:49am
post #7 of 8

Use about 1 cup of milk or water & no more Nejiad. Didn't you just buy the Cake Mix Dr.'s Book? Look at one of the recipes that uses pudding & see how much milk or water it uses just to be sure. icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 10:10pm
post #8 of 8

one word of advice, i made a cake with pudding mix and it was very dense, it was good, but it was the opposite of an angel cake. make sure that's the kind of cake you want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%