Purse Cake Pricing

Decorating By bakesweet06 Updated 9 Jul 2013 , 5:06pm by vscakesnyc

bakesweet06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesweet06 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:57am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone tell me how much do you charge for a purse cake? I would really appreciate it. I would like to get an idea. THANK YOU FOR SHARING thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 4:02am
post #2 of 7

depending the size I charge $25 up t $45.00 for my purse cake,

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 4:04am
post #3 of 7

I think it depends on location, quality of cake and customer type. I've seen some websites where purse cakes start at $300!!!!! I'd charge any where from $40 -$100 in my area depending on how much is involved in the execution of your cake. Good luck!!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 7

You can look in my photos - but the 2 I have posted are a very large Louie V purse that served 55 people. It was all hand drawn patterns and a great amount of time was spent (you can see the real purse next to it). For that cake we charge $150-175. The other cake is a yellow fondant cake with a bown handle. It was from a 9x13 stacked - served 10 - that one is $50. My partner has the other Louie V purse in her gallery - same size at the yellow one but more detail and that one was $70. My partner is Suebee so you can see her gallery.

We came up with pricing by how much fondant we use, time and amount of cake batter used. Our baby dragon cake is $70 also due to these factors also.

Good luck!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 7

It all depends on where you live and cost of living.
If you do this out of your house, you have to consider the gas or electric, you time and materials.
I've seen works of art on here and they charged to little. Find a local bakery and ask what they would charge and go from there.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 26 Nov 2006 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 7

I have made 2 LV cakes...they are extremely time consuming and I have decided that from now on they will fall under the "FLAT FEE" cakes and will cost no less than $400 for any amount of servings 50 and under.....any additional servings will be charged additionally.

The other handbag cakes are much easier, as they are freestyle....I would charge a regular "sculpted cake" fee of $5-7 per serving...depending on the style.

vscakesnyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vscakesnyc Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 7

AHi im new to the blog and I was checking on sug on pricing on a purse cake because I have done a few lately and I they are so time consuming thatbi I thought I was not charging enough but then I see some of the suggested prices and I almost fainted of how low they are, im from ny and the materials here are very expensive

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%