25Th Anniversary Cake

Decorating By jjandascog Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 1:14pm by thecakemaker

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 9

My neighbor is throwing a party for her son and daughter-in-law for their 25th anniversary. She wants just a sheet cake and would like strawberry cake with strawberry filling. She did tell me that she wants it to say something like "Happy Anniversary to our little pilgrims" because the husband always calls the wife his little pilgrim. Other than that she said she will leave it up to me because she loves my ideas and creativeness. I have been designing so many cakes lately that I am out of ideas right now. Can anyone think of something cute to do for this cake. I love the people having the anniversary but the mother throwing the party is very special to me so I really want to do something awesome.

8 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 9

Nothing off the top of my head that involves pilgrims. Maybe a pic of a pilgrim boy bending to kiss his blushing pilgrim bride with a boquet of flowers behind his back or something? Keep silver in mind too. Maybe a spray of flowers with silver centers and silver leaves or something.

Debbie

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 9

Hi, good luck on your cake. I don't have an idea for the decoration but I wanted to let you know with strawberry cake and filling it might be a good idea to make a practice cake to make sure it won't be too wet inside.

Here is the link to my strawberry cake discussion:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-4431.html

Maybe you have that already covered, just wanted to help if I could... icon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 9

My husband loves strawberry cake - i just flavor my buttercream with strawberry flavoring. I've never had a problem with it being too moist.

Debbie

jjandascog Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the help! I actually have a secret recipe for strawberry cake and strawberry icing that I use for the filling. It's my mother's recipe and she made it a lot when I was a kid. When I had kids of my own, I got the recipe from her and I make it heart-shaped every Valentine's Day for my family.

I don't know what I'm going to do for this cake. I'll have to talk to her some more and try to get ideas of things they like. She did say she didn't want any silver as they aren't traditional like that.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

Nothing off the top of my head that involves pilgrims. Maybe a pic of a pilgrim boy bending to kiss his blushing pilgrim bride with a boquet of flowers behind his back or something? Keep silver in mind too. Maybe a spray of flowers with silver centers and silver leaves or something.

Debbie

well I like the idea of the pilgrim kissing the other. Since that would not be traditional, it would be more personal.. If my hubby called me that and recieved a cake like that for my anniversary.. I would have to kiss you!! LOL Just my thought. That just sounds so neat!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 9

Here are a couple of pilgrim images I found. An edible image would be easy to do of an image you like. You could write something cute for them. icon_smile.gif
http://wolfsdencrafts.com/uploads/Large_Green_Pilgrim_Centerpiece.jpg
http://www.antiqnet.com/search/images.jsp?id=782390
traci

jjandascog Posted 30 Jul 2005 , 1:57am
post #8 of 9

You guys are so great! Thanks for the ideas. I still have a couple of weeks to plan so hopefully all your ideas will help me come up with something cute.

thecakemaker Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 9

good luck! can't wait to see the pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%