Ideas For Roller Skating Cake

Decorating By lrstone98 Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 2:01pm by sweetbaker

lrstone98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrstone98 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 6

I have a lady that is having a birthday party for her daughter and her daughters friend this Sat and they want a roller skating theme. I have been searching and searching and nothing strikes my fancy. I want something fairly simple that I can do on a sheet cake, but cute. Any ideas are welcome.....PLEASE!

5 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 6

This is one I did - and have done several times - different shapes and colors. Recently did a two tiered one, in hot pinks, greens, and yellows... for a girls party. Did the skates on the top tier and on the sides of the bottom.
LL

lrstone98 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 6

It's funny, I just found this in the gallery and put it in my favorites before you posted that. It's exactly what I'm looking for. If you could just help me with a couple of parts. How do you do the framing on the top with two different colors? Are both colors done in BC or something else. Also, where did you get the templates for the skates? Thank you so much for any help.

lrstone98 Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

bump

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

The skates are cutters I found, they're ice skates, but I just cut circles out, and made them rollerblades!

The border, is just icing... buttercream. I just mark off, pipe it in and smooth it out. You could do anything, or no border at all. Even a cake in "girl" colors - all in pink w/ dots would be cute too!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 6

Here's a link to another idea although it's the old time skates.

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/skates.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%