Recommendation For Kitchen Scale

Business By vickster Updated 28 Mar 2017 , 8:20am by beckylam

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

I'm planning on purchasing a scale and have no idea what a good brand is. I would like one that measures by grams and will zero out the container. I think I would like digital. I have one from WalMart that actually works pretty well, but it measures in 2 gram increments, not by the single gram.

7 replies
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I love my digital scale I got from Linen's and Things, used a 20% coupon, it only measures in the following increments:

liquid:
5 mL
1/4 fl oz

dry:
5 gm
1/4 oz

It comes with a conversion book for different foods.

I love it, very rarely do I pull out a measuring cup (great for shortening!)

I think the brand is Salter, I went to go find a link & couldn't find it on LNT website, it is white and gos up to 11lbs, can be zeroed out between ingredients.

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 8

i bought mine from TArget...its white..its a Taylor white digital scale, you can zero out the container and it measures in grams and ounces all the way up to 6 lbs....its was pretty reasonably priced...and I love it icon_smile.gif

hope that helps!

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 8

Alton Brown said the german made one by soehln spelling wrong but if u go to amazon and put in kitchen scales it will come up. I'm getting one soon they have them for 69.99 but can find them on sell. HTH

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 8

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Salter Aquatronic. I use it every day. The nice thing about this scale is that it stays on a good long time so if you find you have to open another bag of sugar (or answer the phone or rinse your hands, or give the baby a cookie) while you're in the middle of weighing, it won't shut off on you. It will wait for you!

Salter scales are available almost everywhere... any cooking supply site, Amazon.com, ebay, etc..

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 1:36pm
post #6 of 8

I have a salter digital scale I bought at Bed Bath and beyond and it works great! I use it all the time!

Courtney

beckylam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckylam Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 8:17am
post #7 of 8

As i know ,the etekcity digital scale is great. You can check it on Amazon

beckylam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckylam Posted 28 Mar 2017 , 8:20am
post #8 of 8

By the way , the digital weight scale is the best seller on amazon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%