Fair Entries

Decorating By thecakemaker Updated 29 Jul 2005 , 7:43pm by thecakemaker

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 10

I just wanted to let everyone know that my son took 1st place with his decorated cupcake, 2nd place in the cc baking and 3rd with his candy turtles at the fair! I took 1st with both of my cakes and the decorated cc and the royal icing cake took grand champion! (these are the cakes and cc's I posted yesterday)

I haven't been there yet to see the competition but last year there were 20 or so cakes there. Oh ~ and one of my doll cakes is in this issue of MBN! I'm so excited!

Debbie icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 10

Congrats to you both!! That is so exciting!

I am getting excited to enter my cake in the state fair now.

thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! He was excited to read all of the posts on his cupcake from yesterday! I have to decide what to make for my state fair now - this was the county fair.

Debbie

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 10

thumbs_up.gif to you and your son! Your cakes are absolutely GREAT so the judges made the right choice in picking the best!!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 10

cakes and cupcakes look great! thumbs_up.gif I think that is neat for your son to participate!
traci

thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks! I'm glad he enjoy's it!

Debbie

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 10

icon_smile.gif I am gonna be in the California State Fair cake show in two weeks here in Sacramento. I have not entered before, so I'm really excited, although I was in the Harvest Festival last year where I won First Place,..and that was my first competition ever..that was the Harvest Cake in my saved photos in the Gallery... I'm looking forward.. icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 10

Eve - your cakes are beautiful! You'll do great!

My cakes last year were my first ever to enter in anything and I won both the County and State fairs. My son took 3rd in the county cc and 2nd in the state cc. This year he took 1st in the county and hopefully he will do 1st in the state! It's great to see your child win something when they work so hard at it!

Debbie

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks Cakemaker... but I'm just curious to know, I got a Ltr. for them giving me all the intructions, like no names on the entries, just numbers, all entries must be delivered between 7:00AM-9:30 AM but judging is not until 1pm-5pm....Do they expect us to stick around and watch ? or do they even allow that ? I already took the day off just for this..

thecakemaker Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 7:43pm
post #10 of 10

For both of the fairs I competed in we just dropped everything off by a certain time and they judged after hours. At the county fair we're not allowed to be there and with the state fair I just assumed that since we dropped them off "by 8:00 pm" that they would be judged after hours also. The results were out the next morning for both of them. Maybe you can call them and ask?

Good luck to you!
Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%