Please Post Sandwich Recipes/ideas

Baking By cande Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 7:54pm by cande

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 11:35am
post #1 of 13

icon_redface.gif (I hope this is the right place for this thread)

Hi everyone! Can you please help me out? I need SANDWICH recipes and/or ideas. I work out during my lunch hour (because I eat too much cake!! icon_razz.gif ) I don't have time to eat out and exercise, so I need to take my lunch with me. I really like to eat sandwiches and would like to stick to sandwiches for my lunches; but I am running out of ideas and recipes.

Can you please help me with your tried and true combinations/recipes/favorites?

12 replies
WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 13

I love wraps, so here are some I use...some are like appetizers, but you can leave the wraps whole if you want to use them for lunch.

Cheesy Roast Beef Wraps

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
8 thin slices deli roast beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped tomato
2 cups torn mixed salad greens
8 slices deli LAND O LAKES® American Cheese -- (3/4-ounce each)

1. To assemble each wrap, spread 1 warm tortilla with 2 tablespoons salad dressing; layer with 2 slices roast beef, 1 tablespoon onion, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/2 cup salad greens and 2 slices cheese.
2. Fold two opposite edges of tortilla toward center over filling. Roll up open end of tortilla toward opposite edge. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

Makes 4 sandwiches.

Southwestern Wraps

2 packages cream cheese -- (8-ounce) softened
1 cup sour cream
1 can chopped green chiles -- (4 1/2-ounce)
1 can chopped olives -- (4 1/4-ounce)
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese -- (4-ounce)
2 tablespoons salsa -- plus salsa for
dipping, optional
1/2 cup green onion tops -- sliced
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
2 packages flour tortillas

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Then add sour cream, green chiles, olives, pepper jack cheese, salsa, and onion tops. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer. Stir in spinach. Spread mixture evenly over the surface of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas tightly and cut each tortilla crosswise into 6 slices. Skewer each wrap with a wooden toothpick. Serve immediately or chill. Serve with salsa for dipping, if desired.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Club Wraps

1/2 cup creamy mustard-mayonnaise blend
4 flour tortillas - (10" dia)
1/2 pound thinly-sliced smoked turkey
1/2 pound thinly-sliced honey ham
1 cup shredded smoked provolone or
mozzarella cheese - (4 oz)
2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
2 medium tomatoes -- seeded, chopped
1/2 small purple onion -- diced
8 bacon slices -- cooked, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper

Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Layer turkey and next 6 ingredients evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roll up tortillas; cut in half diagonally, and secure with wooden picks.

This recipe yields 4 servings.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crunchy Vegetable Wrap

1/4 cup tub-style fat-free cream cheese
4 (10-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion

Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese over each tortilla; top each with a lettuce leaf. Divide sprouts and remaining ingredients evenly among tortillas; roll up. Cut each rolled wrap in half diagonally.

Serving Size: 1 wrap

cande Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 13

MMMmmm WarEagle! Those sound great! Thanks for posting!!

Anyone else care to share, too?

heyjude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjude Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 7:44am
post #4 of 13

My favourite thing to do [I work in a grocery store deli/bakery, so it's right at hand] is to buy a pack of those King's Hawaiian rolls and get a couple slices of ham or that Sara Lee Cracked Pepper Turkey and some white american cheese. Then, I just open the roll, stuff the meat and cheese inside and mmm. You can also never go wrong with a good chicken salad sandwich. I bake the chicken, cut it into small chunks, then add Miracle Whip until it looks about right, toss in some pecans, onion, celery, and grape.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 7:55am
post #5 of 13

One of my favorite things to do is to get whole wheat pitas. Just pull them open, throw in some low fat sour cream, cheddar cheese, lettuce and slices of chicken breast. You can make the chicken yourself ahead of time, adding some herbs and lime juice and bake or purchase some already cooked and sliced for sandwiches and recipes. They are yummy.

cande Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 13

Thank you for sharing your ideas with me Heyjude and Sionann!!

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 13

Oooh, someone mentioned chicken salad. I have a really good recipe courtesy of Paula Deen that I put into pita pockets with a little bit of lettuce.

3 cups chicked, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
2 Tbsp chicken stock, plus some to boil chicken in
2 cups celery, chopped

Place chicken in chicken stock, add salt and fresh ground pepper. Cover and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until cooked through. Remove from pot and cool. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the stock.

Dice chicken and place in large bow. Add celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayo, lemon pepper, 1/2 tsp pepper and reserved stock.

Mix well and chill.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 13

I love cucumber sandwiches. They're great for parties or lunch. Just mix pkg. of softened creamcheese with a couple of TBLS's of mayo, add some celery salt, garlic powder and chopped green onions. Then spread on bread and add slices of cucumber. There you have it. So good!

Also, another great combo is get some fresh tomatoes, add some freshed sliced mozzarella, drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper and then you have a great and healthy, meatless sandwich.

For a sweeter option, I also like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, or lemon curd and cream cheese.

My childrens' godfather's grandfather used to eat peanut butter and onion sandwiches. I tried it but I'm not sure I recommend it.

Good luck. Too bad we can't have cake sandwiches. icon_smile.gif

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #9 of 13

I looooove making hummus wrap sandwiches. Makes a nice balance for all the sugar and crap, ya know?

I put a (drained) can of garbanzo beans into the blender with a good glob of tahini paste, lots of garlic, and then whatever else I want at the moment. At the moment, I'm liking jalapeno hummus, jalapeno-fresh cilantro hummus, and cilantro hummus. YUM.

Anyway, I usually use a glob of hummus with whatever veggies I have on hand, sometimes some chicken. I'm a hardcore meat eater, but find that most meats taste a little weird with hummus, so usually just go with veggies. I make my hummus so flavorful, I like to have it in the spotlight, you know? I could sit around with a bowl of it and just eat it with a spoon!

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:52pm
post #10 of 13

Me next! icon_smile.gif I make FLUFFERNUTTERS for my husband.
Two pieces of bread, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and a dab of chocolate syrup. He likes crunchy best.

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 13

gdixoncakes - I LOVE cucumber sandwiches, but I make mine a little different. I use cream cheese, mayo and a pkg. of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix. I think I will have to give your recipe a try! icon_smile.gif

Oh, and peanut butter and onion?!? icon_smile.gif Interesting. LOL!

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 7:21pm
post #12 of 13

Oh JenLen, your recipe sounds good too. I will have to try it. Thanks!

cande Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:54pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks for all of the ideas, everyone!!

And yeah, peanut butter and onion... icon_smile.gif I love peanutbutter and banana or pb, apple, and cheddar, but...onion? Maybe I'll have to try it just to see for myself, lol.

All of your ideas sound so yummy!! Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%