Help Silicone Mold Disaster

Decorating By vande3boys Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm by wgoat5

vande3boys Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 5

HELP!!!! I bought 3 silicone peral molds $$$ and used them once. I dusted them with corn starch and everything went great. I only washed one with Dawn soap and warm water. Now all three molds have little tiny beads of silicone in them. the tiny beads almost look like bubbles and I can't get them off. What happened??

4 replies
karateka Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

I believe I'd be on the horn with the manufacturer, asking what the heck was up.

I hope it works out...

dolphincake Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

Any updates on this? I was just wondering since I'm thinking on getting them.

pjaycakes Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 5

My pearl molds kind of split between each pearl and they look like bubbles. Actually it makes the strings come out more like a real string of pearls. Try one and see if the bubbles are on the pearls. If so, then there is something wrong with those molds. If not then this is just part of the mold from it being stretched open and is suppose to happen.

wgoat5 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 5

I agree.. I'd be on the phone.. these things are sooo daggone expensive icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%