Has Anyone Joined This Website? Yummyarts.com

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 7:48pm by JuliaGS

justfrosting Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 19

I get a hundred emails a week about this website. It does not look near as nice as CC.

18 replies
kayla1505 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 19

im a member. its brand new so its not as nice but it has alot of info and lots of videos

kaseynh Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 19

No...I can't see paying $10.00 per month to see the same videos over and over again. They sent out over a hundred thousand e-mail invitations and sold "Golden tickets" so you could be one of the lucky 500 to join. icon_cool.gif I just received an e-mail from them and they still have 100 spots left!?! icon_rolleyes.gif
I just can't see they have any more to offer to warrant the monthy membership fees.

Cakepro Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 19

Please.

I have many better things to spend $120 a year on.

It'll tank. It's too late in the game to start a paid-membership-only site about cake decorating. They should have done it before CC took off. LOL

playingwithsugar Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 19

I get bombarded with their e-mails all the time, too. There is nothing in their e-mails that I do not already know, or cannot learn in one of the many forums that I belong to. Really, this is the Internet. Anything you need to know is available at no cost, if you look or ask in the right place.

There is nothing on that website that we cannot get from each other here on CC. We have seasoned veterans like ShirleyW, who have posted literally thousands of tips, tutorials, etc., and we have newbies coming in all the time who share fresh insights, and help veterans like me see something in a new light.

And financial support is optional here, not a requirement for membership. The cost of the admin fee at Yummyarts.com, is ridiculous. Then they want a monthly membership on top of that?ouch.gif! For what they are charging per year, even at their "discounted price," I could take a hands-on day class at ICE in NYC, and actually do the project, not listen to someone talk about it from 3,000 miles away.

Therefore -

Thank you, members, for sharing your knowledge and experience, photos, and tutorials.

Thank you, donators, for contributing to keep CC from becoming a paid-membership forum.

Thank you, Jackie and Heath, for working so hard to keep CC as cost-free as possible for us, and for adding the product line, where we can buy tools and supplies.

Thank you, moderators, for your hard work to keep CC enjoyable for all of us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kaseynh Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Therefore -

Thank you, members, for sharing your knowledge and experience, photos, and tutorials.

Thank you, donators, for contributing to keep CC from becoming a paid-membership forum.

Thank you, Jackie and Heath, for working so hard to keep CC as cost-free as possible for us, and for adding the product line, where we can buy tools and supplies.

Thank you, moderators, for your hard work to keep CC enjoyable for all of us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I'll second that! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

MimiFord Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:14am
post #7 of 19

I'm not one to have a problem with sharing information - in fact - glad to do it.

This is the 2nd post I've seen today about this website - JMHO, but somehow mentioning it here just rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry, never mean to offend anyone, again, JMHO.

bakenboi29 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:32am
post #8 of 19

I haven't joined yet. I get lots of emails because I actually bought the cake decorating made easy ebooks which are great by themselves. I learned a lot from them. The Yummy arts seems as legit as the cake decorating ebooks. I may join them later.

KatieTaylor77 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:32am
post #9 of 19

I noticed in the email they sent out yesterday that they claim to be the only informational site of that magnitude, therefore worth the money.

WHAT????

Everything they were claiming I can get here on CC . . . and I'd rather donate to CC and shop in the store than to pay that much for another site. Wasn't it something like $20 a month??? Ridiculous!

Sorry, but I love CC and everyone on here . . . I have no desire to stray!

alanahodgson Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:26am
post #10 of 19

A girl I work with just asked me about that site. She said she was so curious to see what the site held. I told her to forget about it and that I'd send her a link to CC. I've seen the teaser videos they had before launching this new site (Cakes Made Easy) and I can't imagine learning anything more from them than I've learned from hanging out here!

dragonflydreams Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:42am
post #11 of 19

As a newbie to this site . . . I would sooner support this "community" . . . I get the feeling that here I will be supported by kindred spirits that know as much or more than a "commercial venture" that may or may not have my best interests at heart . . . (if I have extra cash to throw around it will be to support this site . . . I love the fact that it is here for EVERYONE . . . thumbs_up.gif )

Biya Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:51am
post #12 of 19

I was thinking maybe but then I read this post and I'm so glad I didn't. I don't know what I was thinking every time I look at other sites for information I'm always reassured that I already have the best resource out there-Cake Central. And the people make it feel like a community and not just cyberspace.

bake-A-cake00 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:03am
post #13 of 19

I agree with the majority of people...why pay when you can get it for free? I'll stay right here!

AnythingSugar Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:08am
post #14 of 19

There are a bunch of those cakesmadeeasy video clips on youtube. Some have been there for 7 months.

Am I crazy or dreaming but do I remember someone on CC making those videos? Please excuse me if I am wrong just because I am old and can't remember things LOL.

jl5949 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:20am
post #15 of 19

I joined and have went there but there are no full length videos that I can find... only video teasers with the option of purchasing the full video... I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to purchase more. I've emailed the 24 Hour support twice and have still not heard back from them. I have the Cake Decorating Made Easy Videos and these were helpful as I have 3 kids and was unable to go out for lessons... but this website... I just don't get it. I'm sorry I joined and have asked what their cancellation policy is... I read it is cancel at any time, but of course they would have to respond back to me first.

handymama Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #16 of 19

playingwithsugar: I like your style

craftyone65 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 7:35am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl5949

I joined and have went there but there are no full length videos that I can find... only video teasers with the option of purchasing the full video... I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to purchase more. I've emailed the 24 Hour support twice and have still not heard back from them. I have the Cake Decorating Made Easy Videos and these were helpful as I have 3 kids and was unable to go out for lessons... but this website... I just don't get it. I'm sorry I joined and have asked what their cancellation policy is... I read it is cancel at any time, but of course they would have to respond back to me first.

I'm in the same place you are jl5949. thought I would try it for a month but keep coming back to CC. I live over 40 miles from the nearest Michaels (to take classes) and tried the community college but didn't get much out of it for $63. so I thought I'd try videos. Maybe I'll just purchase a few and cancel the membership.

TheButterWench Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #18 of 19

I made the mistake of ordering the ebook and got bombarded with emails too.

I had to threaten them with legal action for sending me unsolicited emails after I sent them notifications to remove me from their mass mailing lists.

That if I was interested in joining, or buying something from their site that I was well informed as to know where to go.

also, I got pretty pissy after I got my ebook when a friend of mine was able to order hers, copy the pdf file or whatever and make copies that she sent out to her friends for free.

I was livid! I could've bought a REAL book for that price.

JuliaGS Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:48pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

I made the mistake of ordering the ebook and got bombarded with emails too.

I had to threaten them with legal action for sending me unsolicited emails after I sent them notifications to remove me from their mass mailing lists.

That if I was interested in joining, or buying something from their site that I was well informed as to know where to go.

also, I got pretty pissy after I got my ebook when a friend of mine was able to order hers, copy the pdf file or whatever and make copies that she sent out to her friends for free.

I was livid! I could've bought a REAL book for that price.

Your friend committed a crime, and if she sent copies to enough people, she committed a felony theft crime.

I sell a downloadable product on the Internet that I worked very hard to create, and it galls me that people think it's OK to copy the content and send it to whomever they wish.

Julia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%