Hel Me! Political Themed Baby Shower Cookies Ordered....

Decorating By girltrapped Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 7:54pm by Rincewind

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, a lady I work with is throwing a baby shower for her niece. Her niece happens to be a fanatically faithful democrat. They want the traditional cookie shapes, such as, carriage, bib and baby bottle decorated in red, white and blue. Okay...no problem so far. The problem comes in with a request that they want "the donkey and the elephant" symbols on the cookies as well. How am I going to do this? I have no clue how to make this happen. I have searched the internet for those pre-made icing deco figures to use and have found nothing. I am sure I could find a 3-d figure on CC on how to do a donkey and an elephant but 3-d won't be good for a cookie. Help me! I would love any suggestion you can come up with! Thanks in advance! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 5

Do a Google search on "Republican logo" and you'll get quite a few images suitable for making color-flow pieces. Do the same search for "Democratic Party logo."

chrystal_86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrystal_86 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

what about an edible image?ebay?

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 5

I wonder if you could just get donkey and elephant cookie cutters to go along with all the others? And if sh'e a democrat why the heck does she want an elephant there anyways????

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

Would making donkey and elephant shaped cookies- deocrated in baby attire work? I know I've seen a website linked on one of the boards that sold the Democrat Donkey and Republican Elephant cookie cutters. If I find it I'll edit this post with a link.

Here they are:
http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KCI&Category_Code=animals

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%