Hexagon Wedding Cake Servings

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 8:13pm by preciouspjs

HammIamm Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 1:38am
post #1 of 4

hi there.. i'm on the wilton site right now, looking at the hexagon pans, it looks like they only come in 6,9,12 & 15. I'm also looking at my servings chart ... well i need to make a 3 tier hexagon for 150ppl.. any suggestions how to do this?? are there any more sizes in this shape?
thanks

3 replies
ntertayneme Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 2:04am
post #2 of 4

I think there are only 4 pans in the set (Wilton).. I'm not aware if anyone else makes the hexagon shape pans or not .... using all four pans and not counting the top tier in your serving count, by Wilton's serving guideline, you'd serve approximately 130 people .. You could do side cakes or either do cupcakes to get the additional 20 servings you'd need

http://www.wilton.com/cake/cakeprep/baking/times/wedding_2inch.cfm

msmeg Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

remember to adjust what you charge when doing a hex cake

Why??? say a round serves 30 people and the same size hex serves only 25 yet it takes the same amount or more of materials and more work than a round

does that make sense?

make satalites or have an extra cake in the kitchen to serve but not display. Instead of a sheet cake I do a round just like the main cake only I only do a border not decotations. Thenm when it is served not one is slighted because they got sheet cake not wedding cake. It speeds up the serving line also

preciouspjs Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 4

I was just looking at that.. usually wilton's servings have way more than Erlene's.. and this time its the opposite...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%