Unbelievable Customer Rant

Decorating By aussienyankie Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 6:45pm by RUMCAKE

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:31am
post #91 of 173

CA was my first place i lived here in the US i was a bit worried as everyone i talked to said cali people were so rude, Though when i got there i realized it wasnt that way, Well not the people i met, everyone seemed so nice and frendly..you should go, hubby and i are going there for 6 months as we have cats and have to do a whole lot of BS before we can take them to AUS and that takes 5 months of time GRRR...But at least i will be in cali with my friends YYAAAAAYYYY....

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:36am
post #92 of 173

OzCookie where are you at in OZ

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:39am
post #93 of 173

ceshell,

I was shocked that the woman would tell her to go back to her own Country. That was totally
un-called for, she is just iggnorant.

And yes, the bad seem to stick out more.

Off the subject, but I was in the store the other day and a child approx 11 walked in front of me without a word. I always taught my children to say excuse me when they do that. Sometimes it can't be prevented.

I always say excuse me when I have to walk in front of someone, you should see the look I get. They looked shocked that someone had manners.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:43am
post #94 of 173

My husband and I are retired and have talked about moving off of the Mainland to Hawaii but I don't want to go through that with my cats.

I know you don't have a choice but I wish you the very best of luck.

And, you can still keep in touch via CC.

Keep baking your wonderful cakes and built up a customer base when you get home.

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:45am
post #95 of 173

ceshell I know my email wasnt the best i could have done but at the time i was very hurt and upset that something felt that way about someone that i spent allot of time and money on, something that i really truely thought she was going to be so excited over..Next time i will wait until i have calmed down....My step mum inlaw in cali is the DA for san bernadino county i am sure she can get something happening for me lol...I totally agree 100% anout rude people, i have lived in aus all my life and i can tell you that there is pleanty of rude people there, I have also lived in okinawa japan and can tell you there are also many rude people there also to the pont that there is a few places that wont let you in there store or bar because you are american and as i am not american they assumed i was as i am a white person i guess so they would say no americans allowed..I would get mad and be like hey i am not american but you can stick your store up your A**...And some people walking in the street if they didnt like americans they would put there hand over there face as they walk by you, That is there ways of saying they dont like you...Can you imagine if there were places in the US that said hey you cant come in here because you are australian, Mexican or whatever or if an american covered there face when another nationality walked past ...it would not fly..There would be all hell breaking loose over it....SO There is people all over they world that make there country look bad.....I guess you have to just know that when you travel....

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:49am
post #96 of 173

...so whats her myspace link???

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:50am
post #97 of 173

Janette i knwo what you mean about being kind to people, My husband who is american tells everyone .. " if you want to shock someone these days just say hi to them" We are a very friendly couple and say hi to anyone we see even in target or whatever and people just look at you like you are mad lol....Or if there is someone with a broke down car we ask them is they need help they are totally shocked, I know there is nice people out there i just wish everyone was ....

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:03am
post #98 of 173

Your cake is great - I would love a bath of fondant pearls .
That woman is psycho.

Come home Aussieyankie.

BTW, I love Betty Crocker box mixes - they are moist and very delicious. I tend to choose box over scratch purely for time factor.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:04am
post #99 of 173

SHe's almost 30? I thought she was in her 60's or 70's all bitter cause her kids have all moved out and only visit when they have to.

She probably just wanted a discount and wanted you to bow down to her. She's probably much richer than she puts on because she tries to scam anyone she can. I bet she's really upset that you didn't fall for it.

What an amazing cake, good luck back home.

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:06am
post #100 of 173

You know i dont often make from a box unless it is a cake i will usually throw away as i really dont like cake haha i know funny huh but i believe they are more moist then scratch for the most part also..I cant wait to get back to australia but i am glad i have seen and did all i have since leaving...

WENDOGER are we allowed to put things like her myspac page on here? i dnt want to do the wrong thing but i do want people to be aware of this woman....

Wendoger Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:14am
post #101 of 173

pm it to me...
icon_wink.gif
Oh and BTW....I LOVE your cake!!!!!

Wendoger Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:15am
post #102 of 173

oops...duplicate

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:17am
post #103 of 173

pastryjen i checked her myspace page and found she just turned 38 and even has kids in day care..She brang her son with her and he went crazy running all over my place....

OHHHH almost forgot she had called me at 1 point asking me can i take PAYPAL instead of cash..WTH!!!!!!!!!! Seriously can you imagine if i let her. The first thing she would have done is contacted paypal to get her money back saying i never gave her the product or something crazy like that, so people be aware of this..>Dont take paypal it might be her lol

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:18am
post #104 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussienyankie

OzCookie where are you at in OZ

Beautiful, beautiful Sydney!!! Oh, I can hear the other Aussies yelling!!!
Ok.... All of Australia is beautiful.

(But yes, we do have our fair share of horrible, annoying and rude people here icon_redface.gif I guess that's life!)

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:22am
post #105 of 173

Gosh i miss australia so much, I have only been back once in over 4 years....I want meat pies and vegemite, I actually just ran out and as hubby and i are driving from NC to CALI we will be stopping in AK to a little australian store so i will get me some aussie food YYYAAAYYYY i am so excited i think i will gain 100 pounds from that store and spend all hubbys paycheck there also, I want a cherry ripe sooo badly and some twisties. lol Gosh i canfeel the pounds creeping on right now....

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:25am
post #106 of 173

Happy Birthday Moydear!!

Lionladydi, darn it, if I lived nearer to you I'd make you a belated b-day cake and deliver it myself. Thank you for your response to comments about hateful people being the ones who don't get cakes and parties. I think I've gotten two b-day cakes in my adult life, which is the 38 years I've been married. I never had a b-day party in my life, childhood included. Talk about feeling special! But I've made plenty of cakes for family, friends and co-workers for nothing but the satisfaction of knowing I made them feel special for a day. It's enough to make you want to stop doing it but it's something I love to do. I believe in treating others as I would like to be treated. That doesn't hold the promise that they'll reciprocate, just that it's what is right for me to do. Soo, again in November I might practice something new and make myself a cake. What can I say?

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:27am
post #107 of 173

mmmm.... Twisties - thanks for putting them in my head!

My friend is in Singapore and they only have chicken ones. So when she came for a visit I stocked her up on Cheese ones.

Have you had them between bread and butter ?? esp good on a buttered roll.

I have vegemite sangers with cheese twisties for lunch sometimes.

Shamefully - I am not a teenager, but a 43 yr old woman.

I love my Twisties.....

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:31am
post #108 of 173

CarolAnn WOW i am sooo sorry yo have never had a birthday party, I wish i lived closer i would for sure do somethign for you and make you a cake....That is so sad i honestly never knew there were people in this world who have never had a birthday party ever..I hope someone will dosomething special for you this year....Dont give up on what you love doing....People can be very selfish Gosh i wishi was closer to you...

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:35am
post #109 of 173

maria892 I love chicken twisties dang i cant wait for this trip so i can stock up....I have never tryed in on a sanga but i will have to try I have tried potato chips on bread and butter thats pretty good also....I think any australian food would be yummy right now, We brought 2 of the super huge cans of milo when we went to aus last and shamefully have to say we have made the 2nd can last 2 years lol..We limit it as thats all we have..the worst part is i think its past its used by date HAHAHA OH well it still tastes really good to me lol and im not dead yet lol

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:38am
post #110 of 173

See, you've forgotten all about that so and so already. CC weaves it's therapy magic...

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:40am
post #111 of 173

Yeah i have forgotten alot and when i look at aus websites and see some of the food i jsut start drooling like homer simpson lol

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:43am
post #112 of 173

No. I mean you have forgotten about that psycho woman you came on here to complain about. See.....

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:43am
post #113 of 173

doubled up

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:44am
post #114 of 173

OHHH haha yeah true very true, see you get me talking about aussie food and i dont even know what the heck i am talking about lol

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:46am
post #115 of 173

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dunce.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:58am
post #116 of 173

Janette oh yes indeed I totally agree, actually everything that woman did was ignorant and uncalled for. Who takes that kind of sick attitude just because they are dissatisfied with a product? The "go back..." comment, really that makes me want to throw up, to think that in 2007 people still say things like that. It's positively shameful.

aussienyankie I hope you don't think I was criticizing your decision to send your email because although I don't think it was "professional" per se (i.e. it surely wasn't a "business" email!), it was a human thing to write based on what she said and you sure seem human to me icon_smile.gif. It sucks when you are supposed to stay "professional" when people treat you so poorly. So...so what?! You're human, you snapped! Who can fault you for being a normal person when faced with a hateful, ignorant lunatic?

Now tell me where you are going in CA in case you bump into me and say "Hi!" so I'll know not to be scared! LOL!

p.s. oh and I really do think you should get your stepmum-in-law to help you get a legal letter out to that lady. At least it's a way to give her a little smack!

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:09am
post #117 of 173

ceshell I know what you are saying and its fine i do feel the same way, As i am leaving in less then a few weeks i just dont care lol..Now if this was to happen when i am in australia and have my business there then there is no way i would send this email...I would have pretty much said sorry you feel this way and i hope you have better luck in the future....Ok cali we will be in oceanside and palm springs area..I have friends all over this area...where are you at?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:06am
post #118 of 173

LOL then considering you're leaving, BRAVO for just telling her what was on your mind. You obviously got a pretty accurate vibe about her from the get-go. funny huh?!

Ah I figured you were heading to Oceanside - I used to live down in Mission Viejo but we're in the LA area now. OK forget about that freak and get back to discussing Australian food! (I'd join in but I don't even know what the heck vegemite is, other than a key word of a Men At Work song - LOL!!!)

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:14am
post #119 of 173

Gosh i miss australia so much, I have only been back once in over 4 years....I want meat pies and vegemite, I actually just ran out and as hubby and i are driving from NC to CALI we will be stopping in AKto a little australian store so i will get me some aussie food YYYAAAYYYY i am so excited i think i will gain 100 pounds from that store and spend all hubbys paycheck there also, I want a cherry ripe sooo badly and some twisties. lol Gosh i canfeel the pounds creeping on right now....

Sorry to laugh, but AK is for Alaska not Arkansas. I'm in AK and started cracking up trying to picture you guys driving all the way up here for Australian foods. I hope that you do have a wonderful and safe trip, and I know what it is like to miss the family. Haven't seen mine in GA for almost 5 years, but hopefully we will be headed that way next spring. PM me her site, just in case she wanders from NC.
Tricia

maria892 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:15am
post #120 of 173

AHH! ceshell, Vegemite is a salty black tar looking spread that EVERY kid has on bread, or crackers. It can be used as a broth. It is the scum that is formed on the top layer of the vat during the production of good 'ol Aussie beer.

The chunky stuff gets sent to farms for cow fodder and the liquid is set to make VEGEMITE.

All good Aussie kids love Vegemite - got to say my daughter doesn't eat it - she is BAD.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%