Unbelievable Customer Rant

Decorating By aussienyankie Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 6:45pm by RUMCAKE

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:21pm
post #61 of 173

She sounds like the type of person who will always find the negative in everything. How absurd that she KNOWS it was a box cake. Pity pity pity. If that's what makes her sleep at night by all means it was a box cake. SHEESH!

Sorry to see you leave the states but nothing beats having family close by. At least you don't have to leave this community. thumbs_up.gif

cakegirl121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl121 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:22pm
post #62 of 173

I love your cake, It is sooo cute. Forget about that crazy lady!!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:41pm
post #63 of 173

After reading this thread, I must say that I have never seen such rude comments from a customer. You went above and beyond the call of duty to give her a scratch cake and a wonderful design for a "much too cheap" price. She must be a very bitter person to attack someone like this. Just remember that "karma" eventually gets even! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have seen several comments on here about how she must be a hateful person because she had to buy her own birthday cake. I probably have as many friends as anyone around and I have had only one birthday cake since my 50th birthday 8 years ago. I am queen of our Red Hat group and the first year I made a birthday cake each month for the members who had birthdays that month. Come July, we went out to a tea house for lunch and I was expecting a birthday cake. NOT...........Even the establishment did not offer to buy my piece of cake I got for dessert. I don't think anyone thought a thing about it. They are just used to me always baking for people. It really hurt my feelings. Needless to say, I have not baked any birthday cakes for our gatherings since! icon_razz.gif Anyway, my point is to not think that someone is hateful because they have to bake their own cake. If I had one, I'd have to bake it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Back to the subject at hand.........wish we could bombard her with our opinions like we did Sugarcraft.

Good luck in your move back to Australia. Sorry you had a bad experience in Raleigh. I was there last year for a wedding and everyone was so nice. I'm sure you just hit upon the bad ones.......Many thanks to your husband.

Diane usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 9:44pm
post #64 of 173

if anything DOES show up on Craigslist.... will you let us know?

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:03pm
post #65 of 173

lionladydi i am sorry that you had to bake your own cak that is very rude of them ladys....Im glad you havnt made them anything since....

thanks everyone i will be sure and let you know about craigslist i amsure she will post something...She sent me another email out of the blue for no reason today here it is

I will make sure everyone I know and people on
craigslist knows that you use boxed cakes. You were
rude to me from the get-go--calling me at home asking
me when I would be there to get that piece of crap
cake...

So you talk about rude?

GO HOME! We don't want you here in our country!

WOW what a childish woman she looked to be almost 30 years old and to think people still act this way at her age!!! Ok so as far as Raleigh goes we were very excited to move here we were told so many wonderfull things about it but I am sure i really jsut met all the wrong people, Where i live there is alot of transplants.....but i have 1 neighbor that is awesome and they are born and raised here..People like that i will miss....

aussienyankie Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:05pm
post #66 of 173

Oh i forgot anyone in raleigh area please email me and i will gladly give you her name and email.....

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:13pm
post #67 of 173

holy crackamoly, whatta bi!ch!!!!

She has NO clue whatsoever.......

aussienyankie Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 10:35pm
post #68 of 173

lol tell me about it she is insane i didnt even send her an email for her to send this i guess she was just sitting therer getting mad about it or something lol...what a crazy woman

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 11:32pm
post #69 of 173

I think you must have really gotten to her to send another e-mail, LOL.

I know I'm going to get beat up for this one - I often think how rude and arrogant Americans are.
I am an American and often ashamed of the rudeness.

I'm a bit older, I can say it wasn't always like that. Back when, it was a different world.

Before everyone starts beating me up I am not saying ALL Americans are like that, but most. It would be natural to go on the defensive, but if you stop to think about it I think some of you will agree.

Aussie, I wish your stay here could have been better. It could have been worse you could be living in MI which comes in 2nd to rudeness.

Looking forward to you keeping in touch.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:09am
post #70 of 173

I think you are stretching things a bit far to say that most Americans are rude. I think we can find rude people and polite people in every city, state, country. Don't think we should be saying MI or anyplace else comes in second in rudeness. We have way too many nice people on here from MI. JMO

Diane

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:34am
post #71 of 173

I really agree that there is rude people every where in the world but its just ashame when you go to another country no matter what one it is and get treated like this....Oh well i can say i had good times and bad, but i really liked cali that was the best fun i have had in the US.... mostly i knew more people and we lived on a military base as we dont here i think that has alot to do with the way people get treated, being that we are military there were people here who didnt like us for that reason and living in a base everyone is in the same boat....

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:17am
post #72 of 173

I found her mypace page!

moydear77 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:21am
post #73 of 173

The crazy lady's myspace page! She works as a call center person....SCARY THOUGHT!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:26am
post #74 of 173

party.gifparty.gifparty.gif Moydear, Here's wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:27am
post #75 of 173

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Moydear!!!!!

GIVE US THAT PAGE!!!! icon_lol.gif

moydear77 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 1:28am
post #76 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by christeena

party.gifparty.gifparty.gif Moydear, Here's wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

Thank YOU!

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:25am
post #77 of 173

moydear77 It is your b-day? HAPPY B-DAY
Thanks for showing me her myspace page i will keep it handy incase she gets out of controll, I have not sent her any more emails and i wont..I have said what i needed to her and i unlss she keeps sending me emails from every email account she has it will stay that way lol...WOW a call center girl!!!!!!!! HAHAHA wow no wonder she is so bitter....I dont know why people dont just live a happy life.....

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:44am
post #78 of 173

I sure hope that Whack Job never calls me. I have never had anyone act like that, even when their cake fell over. I was more upset than they were. Aussie, I don't live far from you. You ought to come by for a visit before you leave.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 2:55am
post #79 of 173

She was born on Planet Stupid

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:00am
post #80 of 173

Stefanie where abouts are you, I am near the triangle mall ara..Mske sure to avoid this woman!!!!
lol i am sure she will be looking for a new decorator, You know i have had problems with my cake shifting once when i delivered it and she wasnt as upset as i was eithor....this is what is says on her myspace page....

have a BSBA with a minor in marketing. and currently work in a call center speaking to several crazy people per day at the bare minimum.

I think she is the crazy person the people answering the phone avoids

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:04am
post #81 of 173

I am probably 10 minutes from that Mall. I would certainly hate to have to deal with her at a call center. Maybe that explains why she is sooo bitter. icon_twisted.gif

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:08am
post #82 of 173

Yeah thats what i am thinking I wish i had of met you sooner...we leave anywhere from 10 days to 20 days just as soon as we can get the movers out here....the military is shipping it to australia so the soonest they can get all that done the better..I miss HOME....Do you get all the ladys details so you knwo who she is if she contacts you...

ceese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceese Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:11am
post #83 of 173

That is an awesome cake!!! I don't understand why people expect so much for so little. My own sister wants me to charge 10 dollars for a cake that costs 9 for the ingredients not to mention time and effort. Don't worry I think that lady was on crack or something! ahahaha!!

aussienyankie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:16am
post #84 of 173

crazy WOW $1 profit lol Yeah people once they know you make cakes they expect you to make one for nothing or very very cheap

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:20am
post #85 of 173

Stacey, when you get to Australia, please come and work with me!
You make a cake like that - I'll pay you $30.00
I'll then sell it for $80.00.
I'll get rich and retire! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, you do great work - don't let her get to you!

Janette Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:25am
post #86 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

I think you are stretching things a bit far to say that most Americans are rude. I think we can find rude people and polite people in every city, state, country. Don't think we should be saying MI or anyplace else comes in second in rudeness. We have way too many nice people on here from MI. JMO

Diane

I'm allowed, I have lived in MI all my life. Trust me they are rude from one end of the State to the other. The best thing we can say about America, we have the freedom of our opinion. I respect your's.

Janette Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:26am
post #87 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussienyankie

I really agree that there is rude people every where in the world but its just ashame when you go to another country no matter what one it is and get treated like this....Oh well i can say i had good times and bad, but i really liked cali that was the best fun i have had in the US.... mostly i knew more people and we lived on a military base as we dont here i think that has alot to do with the way people get treated, being that we are military there were people here who didnt like us for that reason and living in a base everyone is in the same boat....

I've never been to CA, I look forward to going one day. I have friends that live there and I love them, they are wonderful.

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:29am
post #88 of 173

hope you have a safe trip home Stacey.

Your customer exemplifies the worst in us humans (nationality is not in question). Bitterness permeates every facet of our lvies if we allow ourselves to wallow.

A smile is for free but can lift our spirits to no end.

I actually feel sorry for her... her attitude and general nastiness will ensure she ends up alone... with her bitterness for company.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:30am
post #89 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussienyankie

I will make sure everyone I know and people on
craigslist knows that you use boxed cakes.

Seriously, she is threatening you with slander and libel, which is illegal. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel . I agree that it would be unwise to engage her again but if you do, you really need to be 100% professional (I know you know your response to her wasn't, and she totally goaded you into that. But you can't do it again because it will just give her more ammo ). Do you have any friends who are lawyers who might be willing to write a threatening letter for you on their letterhead (not via email?) It's one thing for the lady to just be a total psycho, it's another for her to try to hurt your business. I suppose if you're getting out of town it doesn't matter anyway. In which case, haha on her, she's going to waste all her energy for nothing!! Then again it would be especially wonderful to get a nice threatening legal letter out to her when you KNOW it doesn't even matter, just to shut her flappy trap up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Before everyone starts beating me up I am not saying ALL Americans are like that, but most.

I know all about the stereotype of the Ugly American and while I agree that it's true that there ARE ugly Americans (and this one is as ugly as they come. I do not know a single soul who would EVER tell someone to "go back" to their country of origin. OMG icon_eek.gif!!), I don't think it's ever fair to say that "most" of us are that way. Ironically we are always supposed to hear that and just "take it" but if you said that about any other culture you'd be drawn and quartered. Can you imagine if someone here wrote "I am not saying ALL Chinese/Africans/Indians/etc. are like that, but most"?! I have met people from many countries, both living here and in their country of origin, and there are rude, manipulative and dishonest people everywhere. Just as there are nice, kind and helpful people everywhere. Sometimes I guess it's just a matter of luck as to which ones you come across, although I think as with everything, bad people seem to be blatantly bad more than good people are blatantly good...do you know what I mean?

Anyway aussienyankie I'm sorry for your bad experiences here and hope your move home is smooth and safe and lands you in a world of comfort icon_smile.gif. Hey and since you liked it here in Cali, come back and play awhile; speaking of stereotypes and generalizing, we love Aussies here icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif .

Janette Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 3:31am
post #90 of 173

Moydear

Happy Birthday

party.gifbirthday.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%