Kitchenaid Bowl

Decorating By simplysweetcakes Updated 20 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm by tonedna

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 5

Can I put the stainless steel mixing bowl in the oven and bake a cake in it? I have a one of those stand up Barbie doll cakes to do today and I don't have the special pan. I was looking at the bowl and it looks to be the perfect size and shape. Anyone ever try this before?

4 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't tried it, but you could call Kitchenaid and they should be able to answer your question!

~Chelle

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 5

I've heard of someone actually doing this and it turned out okay. Just be sure to use a heating core and goodluck!!

cakeflake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 5

I didn't have one of the special pans either so I just made 4 -8" round cakes and stacked them. Then I just carved away the top to round it off. It worked great! Also you could use a bigger diameter pan if you want a fuller dress or a smaller pan if you want a dress that is more tall and slim in the skirt. Good luck!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeflake

I didn't have one of the special pans either so I just made 4 -8" round cakes and stacked them. Then I just carved away the top to round it off. It worked great! Also you could use a bigger diameter pan if you want a fuller dress or a smaller pan if you want a dress that is more tall and slim in the skirt. Good luck!

i agree..this is the way i would do it withuout messing up my kitchen aid...But i have used mine over hot water to do meringue frosting..Never in the oven...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%