Why Does Oprah Look So Bad?

Lounge By MissCathcart Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 12:25pm by bec_elias

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 16

I didn't catch the first few minutes of the new season of Oprah, but have noticed she's looking either very tired, or sick. Did she mention she wasn't well, and that's the reason for the change? Her clothes seem frumpy, and her hair is a mess. She also doesn't smile like her old self either. I know she's not feeling cute. Did she give any explanation?

15 replies
AnneZA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnneZA Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 16

I saw her interview with Jenny McCarthy, and noticed the same thing. I bet she's just got a touch of the flu, and didn't want to talk about it.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 4:10am
post #3 of 16

I noticed how tired she looked also. It looks like shes aged 10 years in 3 or 4 episodes...

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:40am
post #4 of 16

I noticed that too during her interview with Jenny McCarthy - she had some serious bags under her eyes! My husband commented that she should have spent more time at her home in Hawaii over the summer! I don't think she ever mentioned anything though.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:00am
post #5 of 16

I'm around Oprah's age and I've noticed for myself that in this past year I have aged a LOT. Oprah may be finally showing the aging process OR maybe like some have said she has the flu or something.
Susie

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 16

Maybe it's because she doesn't know what to do with all of her money. icon_razz.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 16

I dont know but I have thought this whole new season has kind of looked like that. Who knows........

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 16

This might sound weird, but I think she's lost too much weight. She seemed to look healthier a couple seasons ago, when her hair was shorter and she wasnt trying to be very thin. Maybe it was just the episode I saw, but I thought she looked sickly also. (It was the one with the Goldmans).

AnneZA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnneZA Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 16

Yes, I remember the Goldman's one. Her face looks sort of puffy. I hope she's not ill, or so sad that she's drowning her sorrows in food. I know how that goes.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 16

After reading this post I caught a few minutes of her show today. Her eyes looked like she had been crying. The whites were bloodshot, and puffy underneath. She may be overworked, with her production company, the school she opened, her show, the restaurant she owns (if she still owns it), and who knows what else. How'd she look at the Emmys?

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 12:12am
post #11 of 16

This is contradictory to a few posts back, but she seems to me like she's put on a few pounds since last season. Also the hair long, straight, and pulled back seems to make her look older. And you're all right, she has no sparkle so far this season. Of course, I missed the JT show yesterday, maybe he gave her a reason to sparkle (he'd make me sparkle icon_evil.gif ).

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 6:17pm
post #12 of 16

I thought so to! I saw it yesterday and thought she looked like she has gained weight and looked frumpy. Definately not the Oprah she was last season. Maybe she is still depressed about the dog?

Anna

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 7:11am
post #13 of 16

Oh yeah I saw the JT episode and she seemed to have a little sparkle when he was performing......i LOOOOOOVE him!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 16

I know this is an old post, I just wanted to add that Oprah said a couple weeks ago that she's been really sick. That she was having a really hard time regulating her thyroid, that it was jumping from hyperthyroidism to hypothyroidism, and it was causing her to either gain weight or not be able to sleep for days on end. So I guess what we've been seeing is the side-effects of that. Hopefully now that she's found out the problem and is having it regulated, she will start looking well again!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:51am
post #15 of 16

I have noticed the same things as already mentioned, but the bags under her eyes seem to be getting worse. She really looks like something is not right.

I hate tabloids, but I saw one in the line at walmart recently, and it said she and Steadman had broken up and called it quits. I don't trust anything like that, but I wonder.

I can't belive it's almost midnight and I typing about Oprah's personal life........I am truly pathetic!

bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:25pm
post #16 of 16

I had heard that her school in Africa is under investigation for allegations of abuse. I think that would be a blow to anyone, but Oprah has spent much of her career trying to fight against that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%