Anyone Have Pergo Floors? I Got Questions!!

Lounge By ge978 Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 8:14pm by ge978

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 20

I'm considering pergo floors in my kitchen...can anyone tell me how much you paid for installation?

19 replies
born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 20

we are too but are gonna do it ourselves that should be interesting, nothing like a bonding moment to bring a family together right.

ge978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 20

Um..if we tried to do it ourselves..well, lets just say it would not be a bonding experience..hahahah. With our kitchen it would at least take 4-5 days.

Good luck with your project thumbs_up.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 20

GE can I live in your kitchen????? Ours is so small it would take a couple of HOURS

ge978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 20

Well Zmama the kitchen is big, but thats not why it would take us 5 days..hahahhahaha

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

I'm considering pergo floors in my kitchen...can anyone tell me how much you paid for installation?

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif ....dont you think you should let your husband sober up and give you an honest sober non-hung over answer to ...."honey can we re-do the kitchen floor"

I mean didnt he also commit to expanding the house ....putting in a hot tub...AND doing the dishes???
icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 20

Actually missy, he didn't agree to do the dishes ..he agreed to a dishwasher.
And no i don't think i should wait for his sober/non hungover answer...i need to strike while the iron is hot.

And actually the hot tub/expansion was his idea icon_biggrin.gif

So i guess if anyone has info on how much a dishwasher installation costs that would help too thumbs_up.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

Actually missy, he didn't agree to do the dishes ..he agreed to a dishwasher.
And no i don't think i should wait for his sober/non hungover answer...i need to strike while the iron is hot.

And actually the hot tub/expansion was his idea icon_biggrin.gif

So i guess if anyone has info on how much a dishwasher installation costs that would help too thumbs_up.gif

OR...if anyone has any ideas on how to keep her husband intoxicated while not killing him all together.....it would be greatly appreciated!

Zmama Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 11:58pm
post #9 of 20

Beer fridge installed?????

ge978 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 12:26am
post #10 of 20

hmmm....that might work.. icon_lol.gif

Does anyone have any info on the price of installation?

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 12:26am
post #11 of 20

The only thing about Pergo is that it cannot be sanded down. Like if you drop something and scratch the surface not an easy fix?? Just waht I have heard though!

Zmama Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 12:33am
post #12 of 20

Sorry, no installation information. All the installation I've "paid" to have done was with beer and pizza. But HOLD THE BEER HOSTAGE until it's finished if you want the work done!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:18am
post #13 of 20

We had out pergo floors installed in a day. Good size kitchen. Payed about 1800.00 for the whole job. It's different though. We chose the pergo that looks like square stone tile. I LOVE THEM!

ge978 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 1:52am
post #14 of 20

$1800!!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Damn, i wanted the stone looking floor too...i know nothing about floors so I had no idea what it would cost....hmmm i might have to reevaluate here... icon_sad.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:00am
post #15 of 20

honestly the cost is alot of installation. And like I said I have a good size kitchen. Just call around with your measurements. ............................. AND NOT YOUR BRA SIZE! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

pinkflamingo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflamingo Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:33am
post #16 of 20

We have Pergo in almost every room of our house and love it! However, do a little research into installation when we had ours put in about 6 years ago the warranty would be void if they were installed by anyone other than Pergo trained installers. We found that our local carpet store had such installers and were reasonably priced. I don't think what we paid 6 years ago would do you much good for comparing today. sorry.

I do caution you against the snap-lock because we installed that at a later date in a different location and the quality is not at all as good as the glue together. Good luck!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:07am
post #17 of 20

Can't help with the installation part. But we got our Pergo flooring from www.internetfloors.com

Very friendly, helpful staff, and shipping was fast.

Even with fed ex shipping added in, it was still less expensive than Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

ge978 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:26pm
post #18 of 20

Thank you everyone for your input...i think i'll research it a little more. I guess i wasn't considering that installation was going to be alot more than the material.
My brother does this for a living...i'm thinking buying him a round trip plane ticket to come back here will be cheaper than having them installed icon_confused.gif

Pinkflamingo...i was considering the snap together, but I've heard the same thing...alot of people say that the glue together floor is better. Thanks.

Jan...thank you for the link.

And Miss Spotty...if i called with my bra size I might be able to get a discount icon_surprised.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Zmama Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 2:55pm
post #19 of 20

GE I though this was about FLOORS not what to do once you get them!!! icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 8:14pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

GE I though this was about FLOORS not what to do once you get them!!! icon_lol.gif

um... icon_redface.gifshhh.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%