Cake Decorating Courses In Australia?

Decorating By maryak Updated 22 Nov 2006 , 1:21am by maryak

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:44am
post #1 of 9

I am having a hard time finding a cake decorating course in Sydney. TAFE no longer hold these courses and I am looking for a really good school to learn from. I wish we had something like the Wilton school over here. Is there anyone from Sydney who knows of good cake decorating schools?

8 replies
franjmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franjmc Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:47am
post #2 of 9

If I was in Sydney I would be going to Planet Cake. They are the Cake makers to the stars here in Oz, and they have classes, expensive but their work is so great they would be worth it.
Their website is www.planetcake.com.au

scopey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scopey Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:51am
post #3 of 9

The community colleges do cake decorating Beginners through to advanced I'm doing the beginner one now I am going through St George and Sutherland Shire community college It cost $110 Hope that helps

maryak Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:52am
post #4 of 9

Thanks Franjmc. I actually had a look at their website and thought it was a little expensive but I might have to have another look. I guess they would be the best.

maryak Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 10:55am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopey

The community colleges do cake decorating Beginners through to advanced I'm doing the beginner one now I am going through St George and Sutherland Shire community college It cost $110 Hope that helps

Excellent! Thanks for that Scopey. I never thought of community colleges. It sounds like it's in my price range as well! thumbs_up.gif

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 9

Spotlight does cake decorating classes in some of its shops. The other thing you could always get in touch with the Cake Decorators Guild or The Association they can tell you about teachers in your area.
Just thought it might be another avenue for you. icon_smile.gif

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 3:39am
post #7 of 9

Hi there,

I'm doing a Cake Decorating Course through Macquarie Community College, $135 for 8 sessions and then around $100 or so for the kit and supplies.

It's at Chatswood, it depends on where you are in Sydney, but if you google, Cake Decorating Classes, or Community Colleges or most Woolworths have their local community college booklet at the front of the store when you walk in or even ask your local newsagency (the booklets should be free).

Most have started their last semester, the next semester for the one I'm doing starts in February, they do different projects each semester, hence currently working on X-mas theme, and the class is for beginners through advanced.

Hope that helps!

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 6:07am
post #8 of 9

I did a course at Janalli community college, they have both day and night classes. I did mine of a night, 2 hours a week It was a great way for me to have a break from my baby and get out of the house! I met some really nice ladies there as well!

maryak Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 1:21am
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much everyone. I've found my local community college and am going to start my course next year!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%