Your "crowning Moment" As A Mother

Lounge By AuntieElle Updated 22 Sep 2007 , 12:03pm by Ohara

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:46pm
post #31 of 42

I have seven kids all of which are boys except for one little girl. I have had so many moments that I wanted to crawl under a rock that I try not to be seen in public with them. My now three year old, affectionately known as the demon child icon_evil.gif , has been the king of embarrasing moments. His crowning acheivement was earlier this year. We go to a small Catholic church that is, shall we say conservative. I had just potty trained him and he was doing great. The only thing was is so far he had only gone at home and insisted on stripping down to nothing before he would get on the toilet. He always put all of his clothes on when he was done so I really didn't think about it. My husband was in the basement during mass with our baby so when my son said he had to go I told him to go downstairs to dad and go to the bathroom. All was well and I thought my husband would take care of it. About ten minutes later I heard a few people whispering but I didn't pay any attention until someone behind me tapped me on the back of the shoulder. I look up to see my little angel strolling down the aisle right past me butt naked dragging his clothes. I jumped up and went to grab him but when he saw me coming after he must have seen the look on my face and he took off. He made it all the way to the front since I was in heels and started around to the side aisle before I caught him. I had to walk all the way to the back with my naked son with everyone watching. I think this was the first time in my life that I blushed. My face felt like it was on fire. icon_redface.gif My husband said he never saw my son and had no idea he was down there. whatever! I should have known better than to let him out of my sight anyway considering his track record. Lesson learned! It could have been worse it could have been during the serman!!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 10:44pm
post #32 of 42

OMG laughing too hard. Naked in church and probably proud of it.
We were back to school shopping a few weeks ago and as the cashier is steadily ringing up our purchases my oldest (7yrs) gets this look of absolute pride before announcing. "Hey mom I'm saving you A LOT of money." I look at him like he's insane icon_confused.gif and ask how that's possible. He smiles real bright and says, "Well you don't have to buy me any pajamas since I started sleeping naked." icon_lol.gif There were three little old ladies behind us who just burst into giggles. At least he's entertaining. icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 11:38pm
post #33 of 42

Rambo, that was a burst-out-loud-laugh at this end, too! A Classic!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:10am
post #34 of 42

Well, I have to say that my crowning moment was when my son was 18 months old. My husband, a minister, had just been transferred to a new church district (3 churches). As soon as we moved to the area, we were notified of a death in the one of the churches. Ok, so my husband asked me to go along with him since we did not yet know anyone in the area. While we were at the viewing, the people were excited to see that we had a small child (no children in this small church). They were taking turns holding our son and keeping him entertained. When they were finished, they let him go. I assumed they were still watching him. Imagine my suprise when I glanced over and noticed that he was trying with all of his might to push the casket. I was so embarrased icon_redface.gif . For goodness sakes, we were talking to the deceased's husband at that very moment and my son is trying to push her casket.
He was fascinated with anything that had wheels on it.
Needless to say, I have yet to take him to Funeral Home since!

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 1:12am
post #35 of 42

Oh, I forgot to mention that when someone asks my son what his name is, he replies: "GOMER"
They look at me like I'm crazy.

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 2:00am
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Since this can get confusing, I'm inserting names here.

I have a 15 year old, Elise.
My granddaughter, Kelli, is 5.
Kelli calls Elise "Aunt Sissy".

When Elise was born, Elise couldn't say "Chrissy" (big sister) so she called her "Sissy", a name that stuck forever.

When CHrissy had Kelli, the name "Sissy" was kinda "passed down" from Chris to Elise and Kelli called Elise "Aunt Sissy".

So..... with that background, Kelli is now in daycare and she talks about her "Sissy". The teachers ask her about her sister. Kelli goes into a screaming fit of "IT'S NOT MY SISTER!! IT'S MY SISSY!" so mom (chris)
has to go to school and explain all of this so they won't think Kelli is making up some sister-image!

Yeah, it's confusing, but WE get it!

I am aunt sissy and I pick my 7 yr old niece and 9 yr old son up from school, we do get looks when she comes running hollering "sissy".My brother is Uncle broth.

One of my most embarrasing moments was when my dd was about 4. The little children at our church always sing. Some of the smaller ones stand on the altar. Apparently she had an itch, so in front of the whole church she raises her dress sticks her hands down the tights and into the underwear and scratches. I wanted to crawl under the pew. Then DS came along and I have learned to never be embarrased again. ( Even when he locked us out of the car last Friday and while we were waiting for hubby to come let us in, the police showed up because someone had called 911 on the payphone. Didn't know it worked without money, then panicked and hung up.)

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 3:38am
post #37 of 42

When my youngest was little and you asked him his name he would get really serious and say "Grandpa calls be Turd Head" icon_eek.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 2:14pm
post #38 of 42

ok...i have new one....in the grocery store yesterday there is an employee there who always talks to my boys when we go in....welllllllll.....I was doing the self checkout line and she was talking to them and entertaining them...she asked them what they had for breakfast, is their brother and sister at school and so on.....and she started to head back towrds her register...well the oys didnt feel they were done talking.....so one twin blurts out we're going to Nana's......and as she turns back to them ....the other.....well he announced that "Nanas dog "its" in the grass outside" !!! icon_surprised.gif

I swear my head spun as I turned to him....my mouth was literally open and the woman just busted out laughing ....she says to him...you two ALWAYS make my day!! icon_lol.gif .....she laughs it up because not to long ago she was talking to the boys about potty training and ryan pulled down his pants and showed her that he wore pulls ups!

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 21 Sep 2007 , 4:47pm
post #39 of 42

these are too funny! i'm sure i have a few to share but this is all i can think of at the moment.

when dd was three, we started letting her chew a piece of gum once in a while.... this was a special treat for her.... but it never failed... one minute she'd be chewing away and the next minute... "josi, where's your gum honey?" she'd reply "it went down the hill." (that's josi-ese for she swallowed it!) so anyway, whenever we have gum, she's always asking us to blow bubbles for her... my mom took great joy in dong this as well. in fact she did it so much that even when josi didn't have gum in her mouth, she'd pretend to. pretend she was chewing it, pretend to blow bubbles.... fast forward to a few months later (yes, she's still pretending with the gum) and we're in the grocery store. we get to the check out and i see her "chewing". well, the chewing looked real, so i asked her what she was "chewing" on... "gum" icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif "where'd you get gum honey?" "down there" (pointing to the floor) icon_surprised.gif thinking back, i remember her bending down to inspect something when we first got to the store, but i didn't think anything of it, 3's are ALWAYS inspecting stuff.... she'd had the gum the whole time we were shopping....someone else's gum was in my kids mouth (beginning gagging here). GROSS!!!!! she immediately spit it out and i just prayed that whoever's mouth it had fallen out of wasn't sick.... ick!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 4:03am
post #40 of 42

OMG icon_surprised.gif emf...I SWORE I thought my brother was the ONLY child to have EVER chewed sidewalk gum!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...omg he was soooooo gross he used to do it all the time anywhere we went....I remember while we living with my gandparents my grandmother would be SO pissed every time they went somewhere and there he'd be chewing away! Im talking under tables...sidewalks...ANYWHERE! his favorite place to find gum...CHURCH!

which ok I will share one more and thats it...I promise....this one is actually me icon_eek.gif and I know what had to be my mothers proudest moment....or most embarrassing! icon_lol.gif ....... I was in 1st grade when my mom and dad met and married ....anyway we started school and the class was preparing for parents night....well....we were told to draw a picture of our family and tape it to our desks so that when our parents arrived they could find "our" families and know who's desk was whos. So we all got busy drawing and taped them to our desks and went home for the day...my parents, my brother(a yr younger) and I walk in and kids are showing their parents...I point my parents towards mine and I'll never forget it...my Dad leans over and looks down...his head immediately pops back up and he walks out of the room....then my mom looks over and looks up at me....her eyes were SO big I can still see the panic in he eyes today!! icon_eek.gif .....she steps away and says "come on, lets find YOUR desk" real loud....and leads me away ...and before I can say it is mine my brother blurts out "MOM this is the desk and those are your BIG BOOBIES!" my mom whispered no thats not hers...thats not me, my brother again yelled out yes it is see your hair see your boobies thats you! you have the biggest boobies of all the moms! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

...................my picture? had my dad, my brother and my very NAKED MOTHER!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif ....my mom grabbed the picture off the desk grabbed my brother and me and headed towards the teacher .....needless to say my mom cried the whole way home...and my dad...well he laughed the whole way home icon_lol.gif

and yes.....she still has the picture...its in my baby book icon_confused.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 5:59am
post #41 of 42

twins!!
oh I'm dieing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

My dh said "I'd would have agreed with my son. Yes, she does son!"

I'm "blessed" in that way too. icon_redface.gif

Dh is right happy about it. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Mother shouldn't have been ashamed. You just have an eye for the details. icon_wink.gif

mommachris

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 22 Sep 2007 , 12:03pm
post #42 of 42

When my DS was in kindergarten, we had to go to open house at the start of the school year. They also had to draw a picture of their family. The teacher was showing us our family....well at least three of us. DS had not included his little sister. Just mom, dad and himself. He had never mentioned her to the teacher. She laughed, she had no idea. DH and I laughed, after he had gone to bed, remembering the week after DD was born. DS came to me and said, "you can take her back now". I guess he still wasn't over feeling that way 2 years later.lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%