Were Do U Guys Buy Sams Frosting?

Decorating By carolina1026 Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 5:41pm by leily

carolina1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolina1026 Posted 18 Sep 2007 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Im kinda new to this site, were or what is Sam, I look at a lot of people writing about how good the frosting is, were can I buy some?
I live in San Jose California,
if this buttercream is good let me know

thanks

9 replies
WarEagle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WarEagle Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:12am
post #2 of 10

The frosting is in the bakery at Sam's Club, which is a membership warehouse.

diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:15am
post #3 of 10

So you can just walk over to the bakery section and find it? I have been in sams but not since the cake deco has been consuming my thoughts... just let me know

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:18am
post #4 of 10

I was at Sam's in Fairview Heights last week and they had their icing for sale in the isle in front of the bakery dept. They had 3 different sizes all different colors except white which is what I needed.

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:20am
post #5 of 10

I call the bakery a week in advance and order whatever I will need. I get the 5 gallon buckets.

carols50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carols50 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 12:21am
post #6 of 10

Just go to the bakery in your local Sam' Club and ask for what you want it is not out or it isn't out where I live in Florida. I was not impressed with the But-R-Creme that I purchased from Sam's but different stores might use different brands. It was a good price but the taste was not as good as Buttercreme Dream in my opinion.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 1:49am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carols50

I was not impressed with the But-R-Creme that I purchased from Sam's but different stores might use different brands. It was a good price but the taste was not as good as Buttercreme Dream in my opinion.

All Sam's Club stores and Wal-mart stores use the exact same frosting. They get it from Brill food supplies, wal-mart just pays them to put their own label on it now (they changed this about 4-5 years ago when I was working in the bakery is how I know) The colored buttercream is made(distributed) by Dawn food supplies though.

terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:41am
post #8 of 10

My Wal-Mart won't sell me their icing. They thought that I was crazy.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 3:07pm
post #9 of 10

terabera, did you go to Wal-mart and ask or Sam's? Sam's has it, you either have to ask them in the bakery or some stores will have it on a shelf near the bakery. You could also call them to make sure before you possibly have to travel out of your way. Hope that helps.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by terabera69

My Wal-Mart won't sell me their icing. They thought that I was crazy.

Correct Wal-mart won't sell it, but Sam's clubs can. Same icing, different divisions so there are different rules.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%