Too Many Donuts... Please Help!!

Decorating By Nyma Updated 20 Nov 2006 , 3:14pm by Nyma

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 9

Hey guys!! I have a problem, we needed to raise money for our youth group at church so I called this Donuts shop in town and asked them if they could donate some donuts for a fundraising. So she said I could go after their closing time and pick up all the donuts that were left for the day for free!! Woohoo! party.gif

So today I went there with 4 large trays to pick up (in my mind) couple dozen donuts, when OMG! they gave us more than 200 DONUTS!!!! so I have faith that we're going to be able to sell them today but our congregation is kind of small and what am I going to do with all those DONUTS!!! ???icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

So the question is, would I be able to put them in the freezer? Would they be okay?? Please I know you guys can HELP me!!

Thanks,
The Donuts girl!! icon_lol.gif

8 replies
mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 9

Why not donate them to a shelter, and then when you want to raise more money get some more from them? I don't think they'll freeze well, but this way, you'll be doing two good things.

AngelaDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaDay Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 9

I would freeze some. Paula Deen had a recipe for Bread Pudding using Donuts. I would check that out. Just get really, really creative.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 9

When is the "Drive" at? if it's tomorrow you could cover with wax paper and put in the fridge over night, I would think. If it's not tomorrow I wouldn't pick them up yet, I'd wait until the night before the drive to pick them up that way they are still fresh....

ladyvader01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyvader01 Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 9

Good Luck with your donut sales!! I hope you sell them all.

Sorry, but I have no idea if you can freeze donuts. I am sure someone else can tell ya tho.

Nyma Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 9

I knew you would have better ideas!!!

mendhigurl I Love the idea of taking them to a shelter!! Great Great great!! That's what I'm doing!!

BTW the fundraising is tonight. Let's see how many of them we're going to be able to sell!!

Thanks girls!!! thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Nov 2006 , 10:08pm
post #7 of 9

if "cake" type donuts and not yeast risen type....

can we say>> cake balls? which then can be sold as an additional fund raiser!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 12:00am
post #8 of 9

Great idea Doug... I wouldn't have thought of cake balls using left over cake donuts.

Nyma Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

Well guys we had a great fundraising on Friday, we raised almost $200 !! party.gif

Leftover donuts were donated to the fire department and a hospital. I wanted to take 'em to the local shelter but they wouldn't take them because it was too late at night and they said the wouldn't be fresh the next day icon_confused.gif weird!

It was a really good activity, thanks guys for your help!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%