I Did My First Wedding This Weekend..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 17 Sep 2007 , 1:48pm by dupart30

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 8

Phew.. what a ride. I was very lucky to work with a SUPER woman who wanted a really fun cake for her son's wedding. They had a Luau themed wedding.. everyone in Hawiian shirts and shorts.. the bride's dress was beautiful long with a mossy green fern print on it.. orchid lei. They wanted their cake to look like a giant volcano.. in BC.. and they wanted it to be fun. It had a recessed glass in the top tier (which was a dummy tier) for water and dry ice so it fogged and looked like it was going to errupt.. LOL. I made gumpaste figures (tiny.. about 3.5 inches tall) and palm trees and a plague and hibiscus flowers and a custom covered cake board. The cakes were 12-10-8 plus the 6" dummy tier all at LEAST 4 inches tall.. most were a little more. The 12 and the 8 were chocolate cake with strawberry SMBC made with thickened strawberry puree with sliced fresh strawberries and the 10 was vanilla cake with mango SMBC made with mango curd.. all from scratch. It got rave reviews in looks and taste. I am so glad to have a wedding under my belt.. LOL.. and even more thrilled that it was a fun and wacky one to boot!

The picture is a little dark as the sun was hiding.. and there are some close ups in my photos.. TFL!!
LL

7 replies
braggmama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
braggmama2 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 8

That's hilarious! Great job.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 8

Wow, that's terriffic! You did great on the cake. Lucky you, having that much fun. Most of my wedding cakes are 3 tiered round with scrollwork.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 8

WOW! That is FANTASTIC ! They had to have LOVED it ! REALLY GOOD JOB! thumbs_up.gif

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 8

WOW!

jen9936 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen9936 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 8

That cake is amazing!! Great job!

Shaela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaela Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 8

So cute.... love it!

dupart30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dupart30 Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 1:48pm
post #8 of 8

WOW that is amazing. what flavor was the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%