Easy Way To Freeze Coffee Creamer

Baking By mrstoponak Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 8:23pm by maryindublin

mrstoponak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrstoponak Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 25

Ok, I have tried coffee creamer in my BC to change the flavor, and I love it! However, I dont make a lot of cakes, and I dont want 10 in a row with the same flavor... but if I freeze the coffee creamer, when I thaw it, I am back to the same problem, all that creamer and no way to use it... until now.

Freeze the creamer in ice cube trays! Use your tablespoon and measure 2 tablespoons in each cube. Place all the "creamer cubes" in a freezer bag when frozen and lable with the creamer flavor. When you wish to use that flavor, you just take out, say 3 cubes and defrost.

Volia!

24 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 25

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it will come in very handy...especially since a lot of people have been asking if they can freeze it!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 25

thanks for that tip too!! I appreciate it very much, time to buy some more zipper bags, and ice cube trays. icon_biggrin.gif

Smckchat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckchat Posted 17 Sep 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 25

Thanks so much for the post. I have yet to use coffee creamer in my BC but now that I know we can freeze it...it's on my list to do.

Susie

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 25

Great idea - you're my new hero as I've thrown out some goodies in the past.

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 4:57am
post #6 of 25

Along the same lines, I just pour a specific amount into a small freezer bag (1/4 c, 2/3c, etc.) seal, label and freeze. Grab one freezer bag when needed. Since they are in liquid form going into the freezer, I can lay them flat, stack them and then I put them in a larger ziplock so they don't slide all over the place.

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:09am
post #7 of 25

I tried this with the ID coffee creamers, and they never froze solid enough for me to take out of the ice cube trays, what is your secret?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 5:22am
post #8 of 25

uuhh, I love the idea, thank you so much. But so many flavors out there, what's a girl to do. Guess I need a new freezer!

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 23 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbitfroggie

I tried this with the ID coffee creamers, and they never froze solid enough for me to take out of the ice cube trays, what is your secret?

Mine wouldn't freeze either. I hope someone can solve our problem!

mrstoponak Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:17pm
post #10 of 25

I have a deep freeze in my basement that I use. I dont know if maybe its colder then my freezer upstairs or not. I have had a few times where they were mushy in the middle. 90% of the time they freeze all the way through. I am not sure what I do differently that causes them not to freeze, I just chalk it up to "user malfunction".

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm
post #11 of 25

so... do you just thaw it in the fridge and it's all ready to use and tastes exactly the same?

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:44pm
post #12 of 25

Can regualar (heavy or lite) cream be frozen the same way and still have it come out ok?

deb

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:47pm
post #13 of 25

Oh good! Now I'll be looking at what flavors are new on the shelf. The cubes'll work but i like the zip bag idea for my space. Label and put em all in a bigger bag and there you go. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:00pm
post #14 of 25

I used the ice cube tray for freezing breast milk when I was nursing my now 11 year old son. It worked great for when just a little more was needed - sorry - probably more than you wanted to know! icon_wink.gif

Debbie

CarolAnn Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm
post #15 of 25

Debbie, That's not a bad idea at all, as long as it's only for your baby's consumption. LOL I had a co-worker who told us that she ran out of milk once and used some of her breast milk, in a bottle in the frig, to make gravey for dinner. Her family never knew. Uh yah, that was waaay more than we wanted to know. LOL

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:44pm
post #16 of 25

well - I did use it as creamer for my husbands coffee a couple times and after asking how it was - told him - just to bug him icon_lol.gif

CarolAnn Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:59pm
post #17 of 25

AND he lived too!! There you go!! Ü

bonniebakes Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #18 of 25

I e-mailed International Delights about freezing their coffee creamer and this was the response I got...

Thank you for your recent e-mail to International Delights®. We appreciate your interest in our products.

We do not recommend freezing our products. While freezing does not damage the nutritional value, upon defrosting the product can separate irregularly, greatly reducing its visual quality, consistency and taste.

If you do chose to freeze our product, we suggest defrosting it slowly in your refrigerator and then shaking it vigorously to regain its texture. There is no guarantee that the product will return to its signature quality. In addition, freezing does not extend the product's freshness date.

Thanks again for contacting the Consumer Affairs Department

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm
post #19 of 25

Bummer thumbsdown.gif

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:35pm
post #20 of 25

Wellllll...not sure that I believe this one:

In addition, freezing does not extend the product's freshness date.

That sure does resemble the company doing a little CYA just in case... How can freezing a product NOT extend how long it's good? Anybody out there have some data on this???

I would also like to know if you can freeze half & half... I am single, and hate to throw it out if I could just freeze it...

Looking forward to someone in the know, letting us know... icon_smile.gif
Pat

mrstoponak Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 11:44pm
post #21 of 25

while I agree that freezing coffee creamer is not the best thing in the world.. I dont think its bad either.

If you were the creamer company which would you say "Yes, freeze our creamer so you never have to throw away leftover unused product and you get your monies worth" or "No, you cant freeze it, after 2 weeks throw it away and buy more, and more and more and more"

I always let my thaw in the fridge and give it a good shake after its done.

I dont know.. I have been doing this for about a year now, and have had no ill side effects (that I know of) so I my mind, I dont see the harm in it. But I guess it will be a personal judgment for each person to make on their own.

bonniebakes Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 9:42pm
post #22 of 25

I've been looking for information on this, and I found (from the foodsafetlyline website) that you can freeze milk, but should freeze it before the "best buy" date and for no longer than 3 months. they do not recommend freezing cream. They also say that freezing milk may affect the texture.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 9:58pm
post #23 of 25

Freezing milk or cream will usually cause it to separate upon thawing, so if you add it to your coffee, you will get a "curdled" look. This does not affect the taste, but it looks a little weird. I freeze individual coffee creamer cups all the time, since my youngest loves to "eat" them right out of the freezer. I've thrown them in my coffee occasionally, and it's still all right, you can just see tiny white particles floating in the liquid. (That's the milk fat)

Freezing the flavoured creamers would probably have the same result, but if you're mixing it into something else, like icing or cake batter, then the results shouldn't be any different than using fresh.

On that note, I sure hope the Creme Brulee Coffee Mate Creamer is still available when I visit NY this week - I plan to stock up! It's soooo good, and I used up what I bought last time so quickly in my coffee and iced cappucino, that none made it into any of my cakes or icings! And of course, it's not available in Canada.... icon_cry.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:51am
post #24 of 25

I thought I posted here, but don't see it...

I freeze the CoffeeMate all the time. I buy the quart size and just pop them in the freezer. When I want one I let it thaw, shake it up and use it. Never had any problem with separating, and I've done it since the cardboard cartons.

maryindublin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryindublin Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:23pm
post #25 of 25

Just curious, I haven't used it yet--but could you just use the powdered stuff instead of the liquid?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%