C.d. Post Dissapeared!

Lounge By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 17 Nov 2006 , 3:56pm by finnox

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:12am
post #1 of 41

Was the post about certified decorators deleted??

40 replies
prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:15am
post #2 of 41

Yes, it was locked and deleted....

as usual.. icon_rolleyes.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:16am
post #3 of 41

Yes, I am sure it was as I am certain it was taking a quite negative turn.

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:16am
post #4 of 41

mmm, it got that nasty??

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:20am
post #5 of 41

Ok, I'm terrible and love gossip (I'm an aquarius-can't help it icon_lol.gif ) so without starting anything here can somebody pm and tell me what happened???? icon_cool.gif

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:22am
post #6 of 41

I don't think the post took a nasty turn. It started out as a rude post. Let's get back to helping each other. I'm going to bake a cake!

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:24am
post #7 of 41

i thought the post was way off myself... don't think it needed to be said... so i didn't bother replying to the post, don't know if it was having a go at one particular person or not, or just all of us in general... i think some people need to get off their high horse sometimes.... but that's just me :p

-- Fi

prettycake Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:27am
post #8 of 41

I'm starting to feel like I live in Russia when it was controlled by the KGB or Germany under the Nazis icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:29am
post #9 of 41

I think that it it was starting to get very heated. It was bad to begin with but I think that to be a CD is an honor. The test is very long and I am curious if she was or not???

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:31am
post #10 of 41

I meant that the whole thing took a NEGATIVE turn...not placing blame on one or the other ( although I agree that the original post was preposterous) but some feel the need to pick apart anything you say. In answer to the original poster in this topic...yes, it was gotten rid of.

Molliebird Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:37am
post #11 of 41

Kay Day, I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by my post. I normally don't post when I see things getting nasty but I felt I needed to on that one (the original post, not this one). But we have to learn to forgive and forget. This is a great website and it should be a nice place for adults and children. I for one just want to keep doing what I enjoy. Baking cakes! Again my apologies!

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:47am
post #12 of 41

i'm so clueless. icon_redface.gif you can actually become certified in cake decorating? there's a test?! really?

OMG i would be so nervous. i'd be spastically piping shell borders and getting myself all tangled up in cornelli lace!!! i can't even imagine the pressure!
icon_eek.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:53am
post #13 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakerator

i'm so clueless. icon_redface.gif you can actually become certified in cake decorating? there's a test?! really?

OMG i would be so nervous. i'd be spastically piping shell borders and getting myself all tangled up in cornelli lace!!! i can't even imagine the pressure!
icon_eek.gif

ROFL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Too funny...sadly I could see me doing that! icon_lol.gif

prettycake Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 1:59am
post #14 of 41

I am not certified.. and I really do not care about it.. I didn't even know there is such a thing.. when I went to California Culinary Academy, I got my certificates..to me they are just papers saying I took pastry classes, but I never thought of it as a "must have" to do cakes... I just do my cakes when I want to .. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:02am
post #15 of 41

Ok guys...please do not reply to this post from me..

but enough is enough now you have gone an started another thread that will end up offending someone else and turn into another locked or deleted topic...

bring back CC when it was all about cake decorating, baking and sharing ideas and helping each other...

kylie

moydear77 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:06am
post #16 of 41
Quote:

icon_eek.gif

Remember Susan O' boyle Jacobson? She won the Candy Castle challenge and past away. She was CD and also was part of the certification program. If I remember right it is a eight hour practical test?? Not just testing your decorating skills but also your sanitation skills.

It is a very hard test from what I hear. Again I wonder if the original poster was Cd or not-Etherway it was way off base!

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:07am
post #17 of 41

BUMP icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

sorry. i had to do it.

spottydog Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:13am
post #18 of 41
Quote:

BUMP icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif

sorry. i had to do it.

icon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:18am
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Quote:

I'm starting to feel like I live in Russia when it was controlled by the KGB or Germany under the Nazis

Nevermind.

By the way, you just invoked Godwin's Law.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:32am
post #20 of 41

I'm glad when that sort of thread gets locked and deleted. I do cakes because it's fun and I think I'm fairly good at it. My customers don't care how I learned to do what I do for them. When this site ceases to be the helpful, friendly, enjoyable place it is it is I'll go away. I hope that never happens. I don't like conflict.

moydear77 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:39am
post #21 of 41

I don't know but i find this sassyness interesting. I felt bad because in the last post I said "you are correct" meaning that there is a certificatin but not that everyone had crap for cakes.

Yes weighing on my shoulders!! UGH!!!

There should be a want to start a couple of pages of bantering about crazy talk Forum.

It is hard to read print-I have been told to stop the sass but I had no bad intentions on the post.

About the certification it is along the lines for people to do judging and such. There is another realm that we do not touch on ACF, RBA and all that jazz.

Molliebird Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:44am
post #22 of 41

Moydear, don't feel bad (I'm lifting that weight off your shoulders.) As I said, forgive and forget.

Hmm I already forget what post we were talking about! On to cakes and better things!

spottydog Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:44am
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Quote:
Quote:

I'm starting to feel like I live in Russia when it was controlled by the KGB or Germany under the Nazis

Nevermind.

Glad to see you edited... icon_wink.gif

moydear77 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:50am
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molliebird

Moydear, don't feel bad (I'm lifting that weight off your shoulders.) As I said, forgive and forget.

Hmm I already forget what post we were talking about! On to cakes and better things!

Thanks Molliebird!

When I reread the first post I was like OMG what have I done! NOOOOOOOO that was not what I meant---OK Life is all peaceful once again--MMMM crumb cake!

Molliebird Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:54am
post #25 of 41

Yes, peace, tranquility and cakes. I'm for that!

Oh great my two children (DD and DS) are arguing again! So much for the peace and tranquility. I'm going for cake. My hips can't take it anymore!!!! icon_lol.gif

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:01pm
post #26 of 41

Ok...I guess I missed whatever drama or contraversy there was...but I am curious about this certification? Does anyone have any real info on it? What would be the benefits of becoming certified? Or are you guys referring to the Wilton certificates? I am confused, as I missed the discussion...can anyone clarify?

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:17pm
post #27 of 41

I missed the drama too but I can answer a couple of your questions.

No, completing the Wilton classes and getting their certificates DOES NOT make you a certified cake decorator.

I'm sure someone else here can explain how/why a person could become certified, but it's not by taking the Wilton classes.

HTH

Peajay

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:18pm
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Quote:
Quote:

Nevermind.

That was funny. I have never heard of that before. I can't stop laughing.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:18pm
post #29 of 41

I read the original post where she was (venting) about people saying they were "certified" and they actually didn't have the right to say they were "certified" because they'd taken Wilton classes.

I didn't see anything about their cakes being "crap" in that post, though. However, a couple of posts later, someone said their OWN cakes weren't crap... icon_confused.gif

I'm so confused by the original post, though; People decorate cakes for millions of different reasons. To each his/her own, I say.

Whether or not someone is "certified" has no bearing on how that cake actually looks, however; Or, for that matter, how it ends up tasting. The mere fact that someone is "certified" also can't have any measure of how happy a customer is with their order, or how pleased the recipient of said cake will be with the product!

I'm sure it's probably true that 99.99 % of everyone here at CC is not "Certified" as a decorator. But if some of those "certified" people were to look at the work displayed here---they might even be envious of our talents!

I'm not entirely sure as to why she posted that in the first place---but it sure struck a nerve or two around here! thumbsdown.gif

If I missed something in the original posting, please clarify for me. I'm having a brain-fart kind of day, anyway---dealing with Thursday traffic in Knoxville. icon_cool.gif

--Knox--

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 7:21pm
post #30 of 41

She did mention people taking Wilton classes and making crap for cakes and calling themselves "certified"

It was just rude...and now here we are talking about it again..probably going to get in trouble now. icon_redface.gif

Angie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%