Mmf Or Satin Ice

Baking By newathis Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 12:03am by Lugh

newathis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newathis Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 10

I've only worked with fondant once, and it was wiltons i already know i want to find something better tasting, i have had a couple nods to mmf, but would like to know what the majority uses, so ladies and gentlemen, what is you fav??? MMF or Satin Ice?? icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
newathis Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 10

i tried to get the poll to post, but it won't or i am doing it wrong, sorry

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 10

I use both, for small projects I use MMF for large projects Satin Ice. They both taste very similar to me. I tried some on my DH and son, they also said the taste was very similar. Satin Ice is also easy to use, never had a problem with tearing and cracking.

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 10

Here is a link to a thread I started about the same topic. Maybe this will help you also.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-508853-.html

newathis Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks strazle that did help, i think i might go ahead with the satin ice, i myself hate cleanups and messes from big projects like that, curious which are you going with

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 10

Satin Ice has never failed me. Easy to work with and tastes great!! Takes any color well and the colored satin ice is awesome as well!!!

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 10

Stin Ice for me has always worked great, I swear by it and it's true it takes any color.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #8 of 10

I am a tried and true Satin Ice user. I have tried mmf and the time not to mention the wear and tear on my ka mixer and my hands(kneading) makes the Satin Ice more cost effective for me. I love it. I order it directly from the company. The only drawback is you have to order it by the case. I also love the fact that I can buy the fondant colored in blue, green, red, yellow, pink, purple and black. Saves me so much time and trouble.

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 10

I am going with the satin ice. It it pricey...but, I can't seem to make mmf "perfect" every time. I think for the consistency and less mess I will start using the Satin Ice. My local retailer sells a 5 lb. bucket for $24. I hope to find it cheaper online.

Lugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lugh Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #10 of 10

Try www.intotheoven.com, that's where I always order my satin ice from, I found their prices to be reasonable and shipping is quick. They also carry Choco-Pan but I haven't used it yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%