Cake Vs Cupcakes Vs Muffins - Oh Boy!

Decorating By Sunny77 Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm by Ginnycakes3

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 3

Next week I will be traveling back to IA for my daughters wedding. She has requested I make cupcakes and her fiancee who does not have such a sweet tooth has a love for strawberry rhubarb. I was thinking of making several different flavors. My mother insists there are preparation differences between cakes and cupcakes (and then proceeded to say ... as you already know). But I don't know! All the cupcakes I've made have started from a cake recipe but baked into cupcake pans instead of cake pans. Am I an incompetent baker or what am I missing? I realize muffins are a little different than cupcakes but can't I make something like a strawberry rhubarb muffin and serve it along side actual cupcakes without it being odd? Help people, PLEASE. I think it's going to be a long week. icon_confused.gif

2 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 3

Personally I think the only real difference between a muffin and a cupcake is the way you get the butter on and the appropriate time of day to eat em. I know there are a million different recipes, but its not like muffins are any more healthy icon_smile.gif There have been many mornings that I slathered a hunk of white cake with butter and called it a muffin. Would you feel better making a strawberry-rhubarb CUPCAKE along side the other cupcakes? So the texture is more similar? And yes, I just bake cake batter in a cupcake paper.

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 3

Sunny, all you have to do is make your favorite Strawberry-Rhubarb cake recipe, then fill cupcake liners with the batter and bake. WaLa...Strawberry Rhubarb cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%