I Don't Know If I Got It

Business By german Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 6:45am by ckkerber

german Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
german Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 6:27am
post #1 of 4

creating cakes is my dream come true.i am a daycare provider and my job is very stressful.when i do cakes at night it is almost like escaping into a differant world.it is peaceful and quiet. but this is what i experience and it makes me wonder if i got what it takes to take it to the next level. everybody tells me how great my cakes look and how wonderful they taste, but no one orders. i really appreciate any advice

3 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 6:36am
post #2 of 4

Do others know you are willing to do it? I just looked at your pictures. I think you are doing a great job. The orders will come. Just keep working on them as you're doing. Just be patient.

All the best to ya!

Jeanne

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 6:39am
post #3 of 4

ok so did you walk into my life and write this question? LOL
I too run a home day care and love to bake and decorate. I have a dream of one day having my own storefront. I have a degree in child development, working on a BS in business with a minor in psycology ( i love psyc) I do have some sales throughout the year, however I wish I had more. Right now I have several orders for next year, however they are larger orders (cakes for 300+ people) I wish I could get more smaller orders but unfortunatly people think it's easier to just pick up a ready made cake from a department store bakery or grocery bakery.
I am no expert by any means but in my opinion you have talent. I looked at your photos and you do a wonderful job. keep up the good work and I hope your business will pick up very soon.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 6:45am
post #4 of 4

I definitely think you've got what it takes! I especially like your castle cake, the Chinese temple, and your first wedding cake. Your attention to detail is so apparent and you do such a great job of pulling everything together (colors, style, etc . . . ). From what I understand, starting to get people to order is a tough challenge and it could take a while to get going. If you bake enough cakes to give to people to get exposure, you will eventually start getting orders. I'm no expert as I don't sell cakes yet but it's definitely not a lack of talent that's keeping you from getting orders. Keep trying . . . the fact that you get such self-satisfaction from your creative process is hugely important because while you're waiting for those orders to come in, each and every cake you do will still bring you joy.

Good luck! Your time is coming!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%