Wedding Coordinator Said My Cake Was Ugly!!!!!

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 6:02pm by JenniferV

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:34am
post #1 of 183

Ok...I do not claim to be Duff...But I do not charge like him either...I delivered this cake, which I was proud of and the wedding coordinatoor was soooooo rude! She asked in such a rude tone, "It that it? Is that the cake? Or is there more in the car? You didn't even bring a cake stand??"

I took a breath and as sweetly as I could explain that "the bride only paid $150 for the cake, and that those silver stands are $150 up...so no there was no stand...but I think she will love it. It is exactly what we talked about at the tasting."

She Replied and I quote" You get what you pay for!" and turned to a worker at the hall right in front of me and said, "that is one ugly cake, my 2 year old could have made a better looking one!"

I was so upset, I ran out and cryed the whole way home icon_cry.gif

Is it THAT bad?????

I could not get it to post but it is in my pics...the one with the gold bow and F scroll topper??? Sorry
LL

182 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:44am
post #2 of 183

How much more cake did she expect?? There is alot of cake there for $150!!!! And she is out of her mind! That is a beautiful cake! Don't you let her get to you one bit! You have nothing to worry about. I think it is gorgeous.

She is just lucky it was you that dropped off that cake. If it were me tapedshut.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_twisted.gif they would need a new coordinator!

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:47am
post #3 of 183

icon_surprised.gif Oh my! No, no, no! How could anyone say something so mean???
Your cake is BEAUTIFUL! Stand proud, it looks great! I would think everyone else told you the same thing. And all for $150? I bet not one other thing in her wedding cost less than $150.....sure the coordinator got plenty!
I swear there are some people out there that just live to ruin another person's day.
Don't worry, as hard as it is, try to get this out of your head. You are better than worrying about what some obnoxious coordinator has to say about your work!
Sweetiemama

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 183

That is a beautiful cake... and she is RUDE!!! Was it a party for 500??? it looks like it would serve PLENTY!

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #5 of 183

The cake is beautiful! Don't let some snippy biatch get you down. The cake really is beautiful. Some people can be such arses!

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #6 of 183

That is a GREAT looking cake! Ive seen alot that cost alot more that were not nearly as nice.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #7 of 183

I dont think it was very professional of her to say that to you. Its a beautiful cake and you have nothing to worry about. Did the Bride and Groom know she said this and what were their thoughts? If anything, it makes her look bad and VERY unprofessional. I dont think you have anything to worry about business wise. Anyone in their right mind can see it was a beautiful job and that she has a problem.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:52am
post #8 of 183

Congratulations for having the self restraint to not smash her face into your beautiful cake! Sounds like she was jealous if you ask me. Your cake really is beautiful and quite a bargain for the lucky bride. Sounds like her pick of wedding coordinators was not nearly as much of a value!

cuillere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuillere Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #9 of 183

She should have her 2 year old bake cakes for her weddings!!!
I would've picked my cake and left, then she would have to deal with a mad angry bride.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #10 of 183

OMG IS SHE FRIGGIN NUTS? THAT CAKE IS AWESOME!!!! Dont let that b**** get to you....i paid alot more for my wedding cake and mine wasnt nearly as big as that...you did a great job!!

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #11 of 183

Did you even make any profit on this cake? It is a beautiful cake & don't let anyone else especially with no taste tell you other wise thumbs_up.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:53am
post #12 of 183

It's beautiful... ignore her... she is not a professional in any sense of the word.

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #13 of 183

Your cake is beautiful! You did a wonderful job and please, please do not take what that rude woman said to heart! Your cake is so much prettier than any cake I have ever made and I would be so proud to have made that cake!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Some people are just mean and unhappy and they will rain on everyone's parade and she seems to be that type of person. I am so sorry you had to deal with her. But your cake is beautiful!!!!! And I agree with the other gals, there is a lot of cake there! Yum!

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #14 of 183

I can't believe the nerve of some people!!!! I think you handled it well. I would have cried all the way home too, then I would have sit on my big comfy couch, closed my eyes, and imagined myself drop kicking her several times until I felt better. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif Don't let her get to you, your cake is beautiful and all that matters is that you followed the brides instructions and she is happy.

moonlightschild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonlightschild Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #15 of 183

OMG!!!!! what a rude-a$$ cow!!!! your cake is beautiful! oh my goodness! did the couple have any complaints? as long as the couple are happy with it, to hell with that so-called wedding co-ordinator! she must think she is on one of those tv shows!!! you have nothing to get upset about! your cake is just beautiful!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #16 of 183

That woman must be out of her mind... your cake is georgious... she must have been on her woman time because what a !@#$@$!@#$@. ... Im wishin i was in WV so I can kick some obnoxious, snooty, uppity.... @$$!!

Sorry .... hate those who belittle others to feel better about themselves!!

Ok I better breathe...Im already wanting to jump in my car and take a road trip... anyone wanna join in?

Sweetie... your cake is stunning. God will take care of her... just let Him do the work... it will come around.

moonlightschild Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:54am
post #17 of 183

OMG!!!!! what a rude-a$$ cow!!!! your cake is beautiful! oh my goodness! did the couple have any complaints? as long as the couple are happy with it, to hell with that so-called wedding co-ordinator! she must think she is on one of those tv shows!!! you have nothing to get upset about! your cake is just beautiful!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:55am
post #18 of 183

Some people just can't help but make someone feel bad for no reason. Sounds like the B#$% was PMSing. I think the cake is beautiful, and besides it's says alot about her that she would say anything even if it was not a gorgeous cake (it was) she should have kept her mouth shut. Some people just make me crazy!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:55am
post #19 of 183

When she said "you get what you pay for" .... I think I would have said ", Apparently so, she got YOU !!"

Your cake is gorgeous!! I'm sure you will get rave revues from the bride and MOB and when you do be sure to tell them what their wedding planner said and how unprofessional she was. They may not want to refer her to any of their friends if they want to keep their friends!!

They definately got waaaaay more than what they paid for!
Take a hot soaking bubble bath with a LARGE glass of wine and feel sorry for someone so rude--it will come back to bite her!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:56am
post #20 of 183

Everyday I am amazed at how rude and tactless our society has become. Your cake is beautiful. If you gave the bride what she asked for and she only paid $150, she got a steal. Please don't ever cry because someone insults you. That coordinator is a bully.

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:57am
post #21 of 183

Your cake is beautiful. She was rude and unprofessional. Take it from the source.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:58am
post #22 of 183

I guess she could only afford $150 for the cake b/c she was paying for a biatchy co-ordinator.

Your cake was gorgeous and certainly worth more than $150.

I just don't know about some people now-a-days. icon_mad.gif

moonlightschild Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:58am
post #23 of 183

pinkbox, i am on my way!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:58am
post #24 of 183

That is a gorgeous cake, and she was very rude~~! I think she is inexperienced and insecure; She has to make herself look more important by belittleing others. She's also very threatened by those who have more expertise and talent than she has..... don't give her another thought...

pinkbox Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 1:59am
post #25 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCook

When she said "you get what you pay for" .... I think I would have said ", Apparently so, she got YOU !!"

Your cake is gorgeous!! I'm sure you will get rave revues from the bride and MOB and when you do be sure to tell them what their wedding planner said and how unprofessional she was. They may not want to refer her to any of their friends if they want to keep their friends!!

They definately got waaaaay more that what they paid for!
Take a hot soaking bubble bath with a LARGE glass of wine and feel sorry for someone so rude--it will come back to bite her!

I agree I agree!! How unprofessional she was. Hindsight... we always have a quip well after the event ... dontcha hate that!!

arghh

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:00am
post #26 of 183

I am So shocked!

I am not a professional, cakes are only a hobby for me. But I can't even picture what could be better about that cake! It's gorgeous, and if it was my wedding, I would be thrilled!

icon_mad.gif some people!

I also have had to deal with an evil wedding coordinator... I am a part time photographer and offered to take my cousins wedding pictures last summer for free as her gift. I was a nervous wreck because i hate crowds, and though there was a lot of my family there, most of the guests were her friends, and we're all pretty close in age (I'm 21, she's 25) Don't know if it's just me, but i dont always feel very comfortable around people my age.
Anyway- I thought i did a good job for not being a professional, but the stupid coordinator kept saying things like "have you ever done this before?" (sarcastically) I'd love to post a collage i made for her for some of the best proofs, because i know i did a great job, but i'm afraid someone would recognize the pictures...

Some people are just full of negative energy. Believe me... But We all know you did a good job, and hopefully YOU know you did a good job, so try not to sweat it.

keep up the great work! thumbs_up.gif

pinkbox Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:01am
post #27 of 183

com'on moonlightschild....Ill swing by and getcha!! haha

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #28 of 183

Honey, your cake looked very elegant - you can hold your head up high and know you gave that bride a beautiful cake for a very kind hearted price (not a cheap price!).
Some people are only happy when they can make other people unhappy -and they always manage to find the kind people who will tolerate their nonsense and won't kick their a$$. tapedshut.gif
Here's to hoping she runs into someone like me or NEWTODECORATING next time! icon_twisted.gif
{{hugs}} to you!

moonlightschild Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:03am
post #29 of 183

true that, pinkbox icon_biggrin.gif

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 2:05am
post #30 of 183

I'm so so sorry you had to deal with such a RUDE, MISERABLE person! Your cake is gorgeous and I'd be so happy if I could make something that beautiful. As for her 2 year old, I hope she doesn't grow up having her mother's personality!! Honestly, I probably would have ran out of there crying also and than wished I could go back in time and shove her face in the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%