Scroll Impression Mat For Bc

Decorating By Renaejrk Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm by Renaejrk

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 14

I am doing a wedding cake in November in BC and the bride wants scrolls - the kind that are scattered like swirls, not the kind in a line around and edge, etc. I need to find an impression mat or some time of tool like that so I can trace it - there is no way I can do that freehand! icon_biggrin.gif I have checked several websites I know of and have done a search for one, but haven't found what I'm looking for - any ideas?

BTW - there are so many new names!!! I haven't been in the forums in a couple of months because of moving and there are so many new people!! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 14
Renaejrk Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks! I thought I had gone to that site, but when I clicked on the link I saw a scroll mat that looks similar to, though not exactly like the pattern I was looking for. The bride wants a cake copied, but I think she will be flexible enough that I could go with this other pattern!

This is the pic of the cake she wants from onewed.com - if anyone has seen a mat that looks like this let me know - I'd like to have a few options to choose from! thumbs_up.gif Thanks!
LL

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:08am
post #4 of 14

I have seen pattern presses, but not impression mats, like that.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30D882-475A-BAC0-5D0833D2D8DFB041

If I come across some, I will post here, though.

Good luck!

Holly

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 6:43am
post #5 of 14
lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KS-3-Scroll-Impression-Mat-Cake-Decorating_W0QQitemZ300120872921QQihZ020QQcategoryZ46281QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I've purchased from her. Terrific lady; terrific products.

Whow! This site is terrific, I will surely use it.

Renaejrk Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 10:52pm
post #7 of 14

Those impression mats are great! I think that one fits more closely to the design of what the bride wants!! I did see the Wilton pattern presses, but I'm so afraid of messing it up, especially since I've never done this before! I'll be glad to get a nice mat to give me guidance!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hollyanna70 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:41am
post #8 of 14

Oh, I definitely agree. I think the mat is much better than the pattern press. I just hadn't seen one before now. icon_smile.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 6:58am
post #9 of 14

wow, thanks for the link to that seller. She has some beautiful molds and some original impression mats there icon_biggrin.gif

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 7:13am
post #10 of 14

my comp wont let me in on the link is there ano ther way to see her stuff?

Hollyanna70 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 7:25am
post #11 of 14

Go to eBay and look for the seller named sweetexpress or the eBay store name of Sweet Expressions Silicone Molds.

Also, you can try this url.. http://stores.ebay.com/Sweet-Expressions-Silicone-Molds

Hope this helps,

Holly

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 9:03am
post #12 of 14

What do you use for icing to do that type of scroll work? Do you use thinned Buttercream or something else?????
It sure is pretty.
Thanks,
Susie

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 20 Sep 2007 , 12:52pm
post #13 of 14

Just regular BC is fine. I don't have that particular mat but had wanted to get it. Someone please let me know how it works.

Renaejrk Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #14 of 14

I just ordered it - the cake is for November 10th - so I'll let you guys know how it goes! This is my son's computer - my computer isn't internet ready yet, so I can't upload my pics right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%