Ideas For American Girl Cake

Decorating By landy Updated 17 Aug 2005 , 11:57am by landy

landy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
landy Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 11

My daughter wants an American Girl cake for her birthday. I just can not come up with anything. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 11

Like the American Girl Doll? icon_confused.gif Give more details..I would be glad to help you out!!! icon_biggrin.gif

landy Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 11

Oh yes I'm sorry like the American Girl Doll

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 11

Landy --- one specific doll? or all of them? If it's one specific...like Molly, you could take different accessories of hers and make them out of fondant, like her glasses, beret, something like that.....If it's all of them you could do a bc transfer.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 11

edcjenv
Great minds think alike!! You took the words right out of my mouth.. LOL

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 11

I loved the American Girls dolls...I had Samantha and now my little sister has her... Samantha has a tea set which would be cute. Or you could do the books which is supposed to be the crux of the series (may have gone past that now, not sure).

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 11

lol Briansbaker! Another idea....but I don't know exactly what you'd do is take the time frames from her favorite dolls and make a stacked cake w/each layer reflecting a different time period? Sounds a little complex for a bday cake tho.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 11

When you go onto the American Girl website and click on the American Girl collection, there is an sillouhette image of a girl reading with a doll next to her. It is a very simple image if you could enlarge it and do a reproduction onto a cake with either fondant or a bct. Also, on that same site, there are images of the dolls that you could do bct's from. Just a thought.

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 11

This is the only picture I could find that resembles an American Girl Doll
LL

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 11

The 2002 Wilton yearbook has tons of ideas for dolls. They even did a doll from the storybook doll pan that looks like the little girl. Does she want a new American Doll look? The new American girl dolls are made to look like the little girl. The old American dolls are from history periods but the story book doll pan would work either way.

I'ts on page 103
Anyway, if its a discontinued pan, you might be able to find it on ebay.

Good luck!

landy Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 11:57am
post #11 of 11

Thank you all, for all of your wonderful ideas. I will make sure I post a picture after it is finished. Hope all goes well..... Landy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%