Wedding Cake Question

Decorating By welder Updated 27 Jul 2005 , 9:23pm by welder

welder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
welder Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a wedding cake this weekend and the bride wants the design that is on the unity cake which is dots. A "V" shape (of dots) coming down from the top of each layer and then at the tip end of the "V" have two dots and then a "tear Drop" The icing will be white BC and she doesn't want any other color. The only decorations will be the "V" at the top of each layer (4 tiers) and dots around the base. My question -will this look good using BC white dots - seems like the dots will not show up every well. What is your thoughts!

5 replies
lori83179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori83179 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 6

I think you will be fine, I've done a white bc cake with white dots before and I thought it looked really elegant.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 6

I think so too. I'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 6

If you want a slight difference in color use two different types of buttercream icing. I would use a light ivory (since this is the color of my icing anyway) then i would make a batch of wilton class icing that is white white and it would be just enough of a difference that the pictures should come out really well.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 3:50am
post #5 of 6

I am wondering if the small edible pearls might look good. I know you can get them in all different sizes. I do think the dots would look really pretty. Good luck with the cake! icon_smile.gif
traci

welder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
welder Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all of your response. I feel much better about using white on white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%