I'm Bored

Lounge By daltonam Updated 16 Nov 2006 , 6:30am by mxpark

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:35pm
post #121 of 230

Thanks, guys, for letting me join in!!

Yes, I have tried it. It is 'greasy', chewy kinda.... ESPECIALLY if it has been fried!!! Although I do like squirell dumplings, it sort of cancels out the greasiness of the meat.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:37pm
post #122 of 230

Ok NeeNee what is the strangest thing you have eaten?

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:45pm
post #123 of 230

Strangest thing I have ever eaten???? Hmmmm, let me think... Alligator? Frog legs... They are both pretty good, but alligator is better.

(can you tell I am from the South????? icon_confused.gif )

I will pretty much try anything once. Well, I take that back, after reading about the worms and crickets, I wouldn't try that!! icon_eek.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:52pm
post #124 of 230

no worms or crickets for me either. Most of the "gamey" things I have eaten was when I was younger. Now if you tell me what is in it I probably wouldn't eat it. When my grandmother was living she would fix all sorts of things. She was a great cook, and people would come from all over to sit at her table and eat WHATEVER was there. Of course, it didn't hurt that Grandpa made the best homemade grape concorde wine. He would go to the cellar and dip some from a 55 gallon wooden barrel and people wouldn't care what they ate after a few sips LOL LOL LOL

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 3:57pm
post #125 of 230

New, that sounds kinda like my grandmother. Before she and my grandfather divorced, we ate at their house a lot, and it was usually some kind of 'game'. Some of the things that she cooked, though, I wouldn't even try!! She told us what they were and there was NO WAY I was eating that!

That homemade grape concord wine sounds WONDERFUL! And you're right about it only taking a few sips before people not caring what they ate!! LOL For us, it was homemade muscadine (sp?) wine.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:03pm
post #126 of 230

well, hunting season (gun season) started this past Sat for us--DH was gone all day icon_biggrin.gif

never would of thought this thread would have ended up like this icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif gross

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:11pm
post #127 of 230

Tara, our gun season started this past Saturday too. DH hunted all weekend, so I was pretty much a 'hunter's widow' the past couple of days!

BTW, do you LOVE living in Florida????????????

NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:11pm
post #128 of 230

Sorry Tara, this must be what ge and twinsy feel like all the time. Didn't mean to take over.

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:23pm
post #129 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Sorry Tara, this must be what ge and twinsy feel like all the time. Didn't mean to take over.

oh goodness NO, i didn't even think you (or anyone else) was taking over, i was just talking about eating gross stuff & hunting, y'all are chatting with a girly girl here--haha, never could i imagine myself talking about hunting with anyone (i have to listen to DH talk enough)

NeeNee--i love Florida, we just got back from a trip to Colorado & we travel thru 13 different states (including FL) & it was beautiful, but i still love FL, i wouldn't mind a little less humidity & a little cooler summers, but where i'm located, we are mostly very safe from hurricanes & other than the rare flooding or the rare tornado, FL ready doesn't have any other natural disasters (that i can think of right this minute), i wouldn't mind seeing more of America & some other countries, maybe live in the mtns of TN one day, but FL's always been home, so i'm not sure if i'd ever leave...

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:37pm
post #130 of 230

I am a girly girl, too. But growing up here in Arkansas, it has been VERY hard to not know a lot about hunting and all that stuff; since EVERY man I know hunts!!!! I guess it's just second nature knowing and eating some of this stuff. I have been hunting before, although I was just 'along for the ride', I couldn't actually shoot a deer (again, too girly girl!!). I can shoot a gun though.

I have an aunt and uncle that live in Colorado Springs, CO; so we have been there several times! I love Colorado and it is beautiful! BUT my 1st love is Florida!!! I think that I would love to live there. I have been there on vacation 4 times in the last 4 years. The first year, I went with my SIL and some girlfriends, loved it so much that I talked my DH (and my boys), DM and DB into going back later that SAME YEAR (so I got to go twice that year! woohoo). The next year my SIL talked us into going to Biluxi with her family, but oh my, it's just so not Florida!! So the last 2 years we (my parents, my brother and sister and their spouses) have gone together!! It has now become a yearly thing, and we start planning our next trip as soon as we get home!!!

My avatar is a picture from our trip this year!!!

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 4:46pm
post #131 of 230

where in florida in y'all visit? i see the ocean in your picture, so i know it was the coast icon_smile.gif

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:02pm
post #132 of 230

Okaloosa Island, between Fort Walton Beach and Destin. I don't really know which town Okaloosa Island would be considered to be in, if either.... But that is where we have stayed every year. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about WHITE sand! I need to stop, I could go on and on!

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:08pm
post #133 of 230

that's funny, but if would of guessed from the picture, it would have been the gulf coast, but there are some really 'clean' (white sand) beaches on the east coast, so i just didn't even try to guess....we've been the St George Island over there before, but it's alot closer to us than fort walton--enjoy your trips!!!!!!

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:17pm
post #134 of 230

What part of Florida do you live in, Tara?

daltonam Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:24pm
post #135 of 230

north FL

NeeNee30 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 6:29pm
post #136 of 230

Well, you live in a beautiful state! Hope your trip to the Smokey Mountains is great!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 6:52pm
post #137 of 230

Tara you started this thread so its all your fault it turned out this way icon_lol.gif (j/k)

Tara if you ever come to Tennessee you MUST stop by Chattanooga. I would buy you dinner. Its a beautiful state here. I love it. The colors on the trees is STUNNING this year. All sorts of gold leaf colors, reds.

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 7:01pm
post #138 of 230

Hello people long time no see.
Ithink dale needs a donut shop lol is that where they all hang put after they get the bad guys or is it like here at starbucks. hehehehe

just one bad guy getter to another .

daltonam Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 12:42pm
post #139 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_goof

Hello people long time no see.
Ithink dale needs a donut shop lol is that where they all hang put after they get the bad guys or is it like here at starbucks. hehehehe

just one bad guy getter to another .

icon_surprised.gif a donut shop, he's wayyyyy to cool for that.........

he needs a CAKE SHOP thatt serves coffee too icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

da_goof-it has been awhile, how ya been?

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 1:41pm
post #140 of 230
Quote:
Quote:

a donut shop, he's wayyyyy to cool for that.........

Thankyou!...wouldnt be caught dead in a donut shop (least not in uniform!)
If the place ever gets robbed, the have to meet me at the KFC. My picture would be on the front page of the paper...I'd never live it down!

Need a cake shop though...no donuts...cake...

NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:23am
post #141 of 230

Dale- what do the flashing words on your avatar say? And don't tell me it's "I'm a stud! I'm a stud! I'm a stud!" icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 2:52am
post #142 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Dale- what do the flashing words on your avatar say? And don't tell me it's "I'm a stud! I'm a stud! I'm a stud!" icon_lol.gif

I just thought it was the wind or smoke icon_rolleyes.gif

NeeNee30 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:00am
post #143 of 230

I wondered the same thing...... What does it say, Dale?

Monica0271 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:05am
post #144 of 230

Yall really think it says something? I am looking at it really close & dont see it icon_confused.gif

Hummm...recon we will have to wait on dale for the verdict. icon_cool.gif

I am bored.......................

NeeNee30 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:06am
post #145 of 230

I think so....... maybe my reading glasses aren't working... icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:07am
post #146 of 230

Did he say in another thread Mouse made it for him? Maybe we can PM her--yeah I'm that bored too.

NeeNee30 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:08am
post #147 of 230

Man, I just sounded like my mom!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Monica0271 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:12am
post #148 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeNee30

Man, I just sounded like my mom!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Lol. I find myself doing that too alot & acting like her icon_rolleyes.gif .

NEW, NeeNee Lets rev up this thread...... icon_lol.gif

NeeNee30 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:13am
post #149 of 230

Let's..... I'm bored too!!!!!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 3:14am
post #150 of 230

Well since a house fell on ge's head and twinsy is running around her house wearing nothing but a chief jacket and a smile, there really isn't much else to talk about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%