Whew! 150 Cookies In Freezer...

Baking By cryssi Updated 16 Nov 2006 , 9:22pm by cryssi

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:22am
post #1 of 10

My mom and I made 150+ nfsc with mmf last night! Got a late start, but finally went to bed around 3... I will apply the edible images on wed. night (cookies are for thurs.).

In case anyone was interested, here's what we made:

4 batches NFSC - but I had a lot left over. I think you can make 3 batches for 150 business card size cookies.

2 full batches MMF - I made 3 but only used about 1 3/4.

We did the pre-roll then chill method, cut both the cookies and mmf out with a ruler and pizza cutter, mmf right on cookies out of the oven. I did a couple of test image cookies by spritzing the cooled cookie with water before applying the image.

Supplies-wise, for 4 batches of nfsc (you could probably figure it out mathematically, but oh well) I used 2 5# bags of flour, and less than 1 5# bag of sugar. Just in case you were wondering. icon_smile.gif

They don't look perfectly professional, they have that handmade "flair" LOL I'm taking a few samples with the images on them to show tomorrow...hopefully they like them! especially since the cookies are baked already! LOL

c

9 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 12:34am
post #2 of 10

you poor arms must be tired (and the rest of you too!)

Tweedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedy Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 2:17am
post #3 of 10

What are you storing all those cookies in?

cryssi Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 10

they are in ziploc freezer bags in 2 layers, separated with waxed paper. I have 2 cookies with images defrosting right now in a ziploc container to see how they hold up. My main concern with freezing cookies with images is that the moisture from defrosting will smear the ink...Looks like they held up ok. I guess when you put them in the freezer, make sure they are in a single layer and don't take them out until you are ready to defrost. I hope that made sense...

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 10

Post a photo so we can see when they're finished!

Odessa

cryssi Posted 13 Nov 2006 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 10

hmm, I think they are picky. some of the cookies are wider than the image will be (we fixed them later by cutting the cookies smaller, but there are still a couple of batches that are "wide" ... I have counted these as part of the 150...should I bake more cookies?? I have a couple extra cookies of each, and a whole ball of dough, but I really wasn't planning on baking anymore... icon_sad.gif

what to do??

cryssi Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 10

well, I was 8 cookies short, so I baked a sheet of cookies at 2:30am!?!?! What a dummy.

So far they are a big hit! I'm really glad (b/c I went to bed at 4:30!)

Photos to follow...

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 10

Cant wait to see the pics. Hope your arms are ok!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 10

wow I would love to see them! I am just thinking now that I need to get started on my thanksgiving baking (I am probably going to have 8 extra houseguests) so I want to bake up muffins, rolls, banana breads etc...so that I have breakfast pretty much covered!

cryssi Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 9:22pm
post #10 of 10

I think if I do more of these, I'm investing in a cookie cutter! LOL...150 cookies and mmf with a ruler and pizza cutter is the pits!

My right wrist started to hurt around 3am from the piping! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%