Pillow Petit Fours

Decorating By suzystewart Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 4:35am by pastrygirl33

suzystewart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzystewart Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request to make petit fours that resemble pillows. I have never made petit fours, so I'm wondering do I cover them in the poured fondant and then cover them in regular fondant and texturize them like a pillow? Or should I cover them in buttercream and then the regular fondant? Has anyone ever heard or seen pillow petit fours? Should I suggest cupcake pillows instead?

7 replies
Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 8

I would love to see these!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 8

Just out of curiosity, how much are you getting each for these?

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 8

They sound like they would be really cute but a lot of work. How many do you have to do?? I would love to see them once you have them done as well as a "how -to" if you wouldn't mind. I have yet to try a pillow and am nervous to try!!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 8

I don't cover any of my petit fours in rolled fondant. But I don't see why you can't. I used chocolate or a poured icing. It would be very time consuming though.

suzystewart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzystewart Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 8

leahs- I haven't decided on the price yet because I have to get back with her on flavor and design, but I'd say at least $2.00 a piece.
Ladij153- She needs 40-50 servings. It's for a bridal shower.

I've looked on this site and found petit fours with glass slippers on top, but I cannot see the design on the cakes. I've searched the web and cannot find anything. I think I'm going to cut them out in squares, cover them in bc or whatever flavor frosting she wants, and then cover them in fondant and do the quilting design.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Sep 2007 , 12:16am
post #7 of 8

Honestly for a pillow design I'd charge at least twice that. Heck, I get $2.50 for a wedding cupcake.

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 15 Sep 2007 , 4:35am
post #8 of 8

oh yeah I agree with leahs @ least twice!!!! I'd love to see em' when they are done

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%