Massachusetts Help

Business By Speeknot Updated 27 Jul 2005 , 5:11pm by Speeknot

Speeknot Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I want to start baking cakes more often, and I already have a little client list popping up, but I don't want to do it illegally. icon_cool.gif Has anyone in MA started this? What exactly should I be doing?

Thanks for the help! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
PolishMommy Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't started it, but I did some research on it. Basically, a legal home kitchen in MA is called a "residential kitchen." If you're doing retail sales, you will be licensed and inspected by your local board of health. If you're doing wholesale, you will be licensed and inspected by the state.

It does seem to be more doable here in MA than in some other states.

The best way to research on the web is to go to then type in "residential kitchen" in the search field. Then go to city hall and they'll probably give you the runaround, but if you're persistant you'll get the info you need.

Hope this helps.

tastetester Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 4

What part of MA are you located? Some areas are easier than others. I'm glad to see a couple of other MA people out there. Sometimes I feel like the only one around. icon_rolleyes.gif

Speeknot Posted 27 Jul 2005 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you all so much for the help!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%