Please Help! 3D Heel

Sugar Work By sarajohnson Updated 10 Nov 2006 , 10:25pm by sarajohnson

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 6

I can't seem to get the heels together without a large seam. And i can't touch it without smudging and melting it. Also how do you get chocolate super shiny-not with luster dust I want it to look like patent leather? Can you airbrush it?

thank you

5 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 6

Do fill and clip the mold together or did you just fill each cavity and then stick together afther it hardened?

martig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martig Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 6

If I were doing patent leather, I WOULD use luster dust, but I would dissolve it in vodka or lemon extract first and then paint it on with a brush. But I have never tried it on chocolate.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 6

When I do a two part mold, I mold one side first, then when hard, I unmold. Then fill the next part & place the hard part on top of the melted chocolate one. There will be a seam but not a large one. You can use candy gloves when touching the molded candy. I use a small paring knive to trim the sides of all my candies.

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6

I haven't tried this, but I have read that some people wear cotton gloves when woking with chocolate pieces. It's supposed the help with the heat from you hands.

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 10 Nov 2006 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 6

Awesome. But can you airbrush chocolate? WIll it hold the color or come off?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%