I Love My New Air Brush!!

Decorating By GRAMMASUE Updated 12 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm by wgoat5

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 21

I got an airbrush for my birthday and used it for the first time this past week-end for my grandson's birthday cake!! I LOVED how easy it was to use!! I colored the treasure chest and the parrot's head with my airbrush. This is how it turned out:

I'm so excited! Just had to share!
LL
LL

20 replies
butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 21

WOW and I do mean WOW, GRAMMASUE! That is incredible looking. You did a fantastic job on that cake. You should be VERY proud of yourself. GREAT job!!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 21

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(cake looks fantastic!!!)

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 21

Wonderful and think that parrot is just the tops!!
I am seriously considering an airbrush...which type did you buy?

gingsd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingsd Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 21

Your cake looks wonderful...I'd love to try something like that. What airbrush did you get? I'm looking into getting one so I'd love to know more about yours.

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 21

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your birthday gift! I got one for my birthday last month, too, and I love it! Your cake looks marvelous!

GRAMMASUE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 21

Thanks so much! This was so much fun to do!! My grandson was really happy with the cake also. That made me very happy!

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm
post #8 of 21

Oh my ,its really very nice.Great job.Now tell us what brand and type of air brush did you get.Iam planning on getting one ,but can not decide which one to get.

GRAMMASUE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 21

It's a KopyKake Airmaster Plus system. This is my first time trying the technique, so I can't tell you how it compares to other brands, but I really like it!

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:15pm
post #10 of 21

WOW!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif What an awesome cake. Such talent!!! Do you have a particular area that you use your airbrush? I heard it can be really messy. What's your take on this?

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:16pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAMMASUE

It's a KopyKake Airmaster Plus system. This is my first time trying the technique, so I can't tell you how it compares to other brands, but I really like it!

This is the one that I would choose if I could afford it right now. I did some research on the airbrushes some time back and I found this one to be the best in my opinion. So happy for you, GRAMMASUE!!

GRAMMASUE Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife1

WOW!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif What an awesome cake. Such talent!!! Do you have a particular area that you use your airbrush? I heard it can be really messy. What's your take on this?

If you mean work area - I just used my kitchen island and covered the area under the cake with paper. (I used large sheets of tissue paper, but newspaper would work also) I didn't have too much overspray - not as much as I expected.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #13 of 21

Hey Sue! I saw your cake on Wilton yesterday....just fab! I'm so jealous! I wanted the KopyKake Airmaster Airbrush, but got a generic one instead....it's fine, but not an Airmaster! What airbrush color did you use to achieve such a nice brown on the chest? Mine's a horrible dark brown that I hate....or is it two colors layered that you used?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 7:09pm
post #14 of 21

Gramma where did you buy yours from and if I can ask how much was it? I was supposed to receive one for my services from the school but it never happened icon_sad.gif ....so now I need to buy one, I hear so much about the KopyKake Airmaster plus...

Lulu4464 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lulu4464 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 3:18am
post #15 of 21

Me too.... I can't wait to try mine. But ..Wow.. your work is fabulous!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:32am
post #16 of 21

Awesome work, fantastic

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 9:28am
post #17 of 21

Well done - I'm still to scared to use mine - only used it once on a cake ... you have inspired me to try more cakes

GRAMMASUE Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:34am
post #18 of 21

Cammie: My gift included a box of the large bottles of Kopykake airbrush colors - the set of nine. I used the brown color from that set.

wgoat5: My airbrush was a gift, but I do know that you can order them from Kopykake's website.

Thanks again everyone, for the nice comments!

wgoat5 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:53am
post #19 of 21

Do you need much of the food color to do the airbrushing? I mean do I need to get the big size bottles of the color or will the 2.5 oz bottles do if I don't do a whole lot of airbrushing?

GRAMMASUE Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:52pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Do you need much of the food color to do the airbrushing? I mean do I need to get the big size bottles of the color or will the 2.5 oz bottles do if I don't do a whole lot of airbrushing?

It took a relatively small amount of the liquid color to make the treasure chest. I think the small size bottles would last quite a while, especially if you don't do a lot of airbrushing. I would recommend that size to start with. In fact, a set of the 3 primary colors (red, blue,yellow) comes with the airbrush system.

wgoat5 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #21 of 21

Thank you so much GrammaSue! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%