I Am Drawing A Blank

Decorating By shenninger Updated 11 Sep 2007 , 4:19pm by shenninger

shenninger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shenninger Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do yet another sheet cake. I have such a problem with being creative with them. This is for a political fundraiser. I have only a Logo in the shape of our state and the candidates name in the middle. So how can I make this creative and cool. I am at such a loss. I can't think of anything. Any ideas would be greatly appreciative. Sometimes the smallest things can spark and idea. I know there are plenty of sparks on this website.

7 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 8

I'm drawing a blank at this time also. Political stuff doesn't really get my creative mojo going. So I'm just going to throw something out. How about you make a flag in fondant and kinda drape it on top of the cake and then make the state and put it on top of the flag. Sorry, that's all I could come up with

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 8

Oh gee..political stuff is so boring to me, how can you make a "political" cake exciting?? LOL... Hmm...let me think... well, I like the flag idea that julzs71 suggested..oh man, I have a blank too!! I think I'll stick with julzs71. That would give it some shape on the top too... I think that would be nice. (plus I cant think of anything myself) he he

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 8

Do you know if it is Republican or Democrat? You could add the donkey or the elephant......

Do you know what office the person(s) is running for?

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 8

how about a flag of the state that they are representing?

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 8

If they are part of a party you could use their political sign (donkey or elephant) to incorporate into it. Maybe have the elephant holding the flag or a flag in the shape of a donkey with their name or state seal on it. Tough one, but you cannot go wrong with doing something patriotic.

Or if you can find a cute political picture on the internet or on the candidate's website to use on the cake, that may be a way to go.

Good luck!

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 8

I like the flag idea draped across the cake... and you can also make a Malice (did I spell that right?) out of Fondant and place it next to the cake...

That's all I can think of

shenninger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shenninger Posted 11 Sep 2007 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for the ideas. You guys have some really good ideas. I tried to attach the logo but I think the size was too big. It is the shape of Arkansas and is red white and blue with the last name in block letters across the middle. The flag idea may be just the thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%