Caramel Apples

Decorating By jenhos Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm by mcdonald

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:34am
post #61 of 71

i forgot to add that everyone that ate them at the dinner party said they were the best caramel apples they've ever had. what a compliment. your recipe rocks!

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:26am
post #62 of 71

Oh, Melysa! They look so professional and YUMMY! I'm going to have to try that recipe, next!

melysa Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:31am
post #63 of 71

thank you ! oh they were DELICIOUS! yummy, yummy, yummy! i used gala apples, a perfect tart but sweet crispy apple. mmmm i want another one!

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:33am
post #64 of 71

FYI, I looked up candy stages online and found that caramel is usually 245-250 degrees F. And I didn't think to check and see how accurate my thermometer was!
http://www.baking911.com/candy/chart.htm

melysa Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:39am
post #65 of 71

interesting! thank you.

i just cooked the mixture whisking frequently for about 25 minutes. i am sure that with a near simmer, it was at least that hot! there wasnt a grainy texture and the consistency was perfect. it set up well but wasnt chewy. mmm. gotta stop talking about this. HAHAHA

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:52am
post #66 of 71

i know that you have made your apples and they look soooooo good icon_biggrin.gif , but I thought i would share with you a podcast that I just downloaded about caramel apples. dyannbakes.com and she takes you from making the caramel to dipping the apples and putting goodies on them.

again your apples loook soooo good icon_biggrin.gif

melysa Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #67 of 71

i think you forgot to add the link.... ? thank you ~

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:30am
post #68 of 71

sorry, you're right its http://www.dyannbakes.com/

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:41pm
post #69 of 71

Thanks for the recipes... I will be trying these out as well.

joeskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeskitty Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 10:28pm
post #70 of 71

Hi all. Ive made a few caramel apples. The 1st batch i did I used peters caramel and cortland apples i got from the farmers market I washed them 1st dried real good and then dipped and make a ton of flavors like oreos, snickers, almond joy and so on. 2nd trial i did them everything slide off them. But I think the reason was we bought them at a orchard and they waxed them I think. Only reason I could think of why. So heres my problem with the m & m everytime I do them Ive tried them reg size m & ms and mini's and both times they slide. anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to stay where they belong?

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm
post #71 of 71

I am going to make some of these this week end for a friend... hope they are good enough to sell... thanks for all the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%