Southern California Cake Idea, What Do You Think? (Long)

Decorating By beadgoblin Updated 9 Nov 2006 , 10:55pm by beadgoblin

beadgoblin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beadgoblin Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 2

I have this idea for a cake for my sister's 25th anniversary (Instead of the seashell one) How about a 3 level cake on a separated stand (Each level offset on a separate stand) The top level would be a night sky effect with a 3-d Hollywood sign on top. The sides would look partly like the sky and brown hills on the bottom part. There would be 2 "spotlight beams" from the side to the top of the cake.

Middle level: Disneyland--a small 3-d castle on top (maybe a gum-paste one) with various 3-d Disney characters on it, haven't figured out the sides yet.

Bottom level--The beach, 1/2 water, 1/2 sand. Maybe a sculpted "woody" car on it. Grass, sand, shells, etc.

It would definitely be a challenge, but would be so much fun to do. She and her husband like the whole So. California thing.

One question though, if I do some of the 3-d things in fondant, how long in advance can I make them, and will they harden? How to store them also? Thanks for any input.

(Jumping in with both feet icon_lol.gif )

1 reply
beadgoblin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beadgoblin Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 2

OOPS...I think I put this in the wrong area. It should have gone in the ideas area. Sorry. I don't know how to move it there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%