Wilton Cake Class Info

Decorating By jajpowers Updated 10 Sep 2007 , 6:13pm by CEC3

jajpowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jajpowers Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hello there,
I have a question????
My Mom signed me up for the Wilton Beginner class. I just wanted to get some input on this class. I don't want to waist my time. I've been at this cake thing for about a year now. So I don't know how basic this class is. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Jennie icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 5

I took the class in June. It covers the very basics...such as the shell border, drop flowers, the rose, and the star tip. We made two cakes and decorated cup cakes. She also discussed the consistency of icing and how to thin it out for icing the cake and then thinner for leaves and lettering.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 5

i just took a look at your photos, great cakes, love your fondant figures, thankfully for you that wont be covered in the courses, but as a WMI i do believe you will benefit from taking course 1, actually more then any of the other courses. It will certainly help you refine your shells and dots and cake covering as i can see these need a little help. if you dont mind me saying. even though the course will go over alot of stuff you have already done, im sure you will pick up some new ideas and like i say learn how to make nicer shells and perhaps a few other things. You probably already have the tools so you shouldn;t have a great expense, and isn't it nice to get out for a couple of hours by ourselves. have fun if you go.

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with Sweetcakes. Your cakes are great but the classes are worth while. You may learn something from them. I took all three and would do it again in a heart beat.

CEC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CEC3 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 5

Hi as a Wilton Instructor - Yes you want to take the First Course. There is a lot of information and even though you all ready do cakes as sweetcakes said you can learn something. I always suggest that to anyone who ask, do I really need the first course, I know how to make roses? Well you may but there is so much more to the class. And if you take other courses it is not fair to the other students who have taken the course for someone to take up the instructors time with first course things. Plus depending on the instructor you may feel lost and left out on things she covered in Course 1. So take the class and enjoy and have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%