Pricing

Business By kaimbree01 Updated 25 Jul 2005 , 4:07am by kaimbree01

kaimbree01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaimbree01 Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do a 3 tier wedding cake and I have no idea as to the price to charge. The cake will feed 128 people. It will be iced white and a black ribbon placed around each tier. I also have to deliver the cake to another town about 20 minutes away. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 8

i would get about $300 with delivery included

kaimbree01 Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I figured around that amount myself. I called the lady and because my husband knows her fairly well I told her I would give her a deal and would make the cake for $180.00 delivery included and she doesn't feel the cake is worth that much. I felt so put down that I just wanted to make sure that the price I was giving her wasn't over charging her. Thank you, you made me feel so much better about this.

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 8

i think for a 180 is a pretty good deal. dont do it for less. you will be selling your self short..

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 8

180.00 is a steal!!!! A friend of mine got married about 2 years ago and had a 3 tier wedding cake that was very plain...no flowers...just a bride and groom topper. She paid almost 500.00 for it!!! And the wedding was for less than 100 people. I would politely tell her with supplies, decorating, and delivery...that she really is getting a good deal. I would tell her to call some local bakeries and I bet none of them will quote her less than 300.00. Hope that she will understand where you are coming from! icon_smile.gif
traci

delectablecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delectablecakes Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 8

There is absolutely no way she is going to find a wedding cake for less than what you are quoting her anywhere! She mostly likely won't even be able to find someone else to even do it for $180. Don't budge!!!

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 8

Boy this lady has a lot of nerve, don't wish anything bad on anyone but it would serve her right for someone to burn her up on a cake (no punt intented).

kaimbree01 Posted 25 Jul 2005 , 4:07am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the support gals. I just wish others could see how much work goes into these cakes no matter how big or small or how fancy or plain they are.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%