Kitchen Aid Factory Reconditioned Mixer

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 10 Sep 2007 , 2:52am by gingerkitten79

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 3:24am
post #1 of 10

So Folks...

What are your thoughts on a Factory Reconditioned Kitchen Aid Artisan? It comes with a 6 month warranty... It is cheaper, and quite frankly when I started looking up Stand Mixer prices... icon_surprised.gif Sister...I'm talking serious sticker shock... laughing... icon_eek.gif I have my daughter's wedding coming up next May at my house, and I know that a Stand Mixer would be very good in my future... So what do ya'll think?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat

Starting my decorating classes next week... Woooo Hooo! icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 3:48am
post #2 of 10

I have the professional one, I bought it reconditioned it works great and I have not had any problems at all with it. To me it was worth the risk.

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:42am
post #3 of 10

Nowadays refurbished items must have more tests done to prove that nothing is wrong with them, than the new ones do. This avoids someone else returning it. A lot of times, people just don't want something so they return it. It works fine but the company can't sell it as new so it is labeled reconditioned and tested. There's really no risk in buying one reconditioned.

pastriegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastriegirl Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 4:55am
post #4 of 10

I got a refurbished one in a beautiful lavender color. It works really well. And for the price I couldn't beat it. Always tried to buy a new one at KOHLS when they went on sale but I could never get one they would always sell out. It's like they only had one in stock. Im thinking about getting another one soon.[/b]

wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:42am
post #5 of 10

Just bought me a shiny red one at an outlet mall in Georgia! It works great in fact it is more quite than the one I bought 3 years ago at full price. It is a luxury to have 2 and I feel really blessed. I felt I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Pam from Bama

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 11:48am
post #6 of 10

I can get them thru my work for less than half price, i only just found this out on thursday! I am so excited to order my machine, i'm either going to get a pink artisan or one of the semi-pro machines.
I will post pics when i have her!

Incognito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Incognito Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkitten79

I can get them thru my work for less than half price, i only just found this out on thursday! I am so excited to order my machine, i'm either going to get a pink artisan or one of the semi-pro machines.

Ohhhhhh so jealous! THey are so $$$, I'm not sure i can justify $800 on a mixer!

jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 10

I got the professional 600 mixer refurbished for $239.00 on the kitchen aid website. Definatly worth the price.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks ya'll icon_smile.gif

I appreciate the input! icon_smile.gif I have a bid in at ebay, so we will see... Incognito...go to ebay and type in Stand Mixer in the search area... There are a lot of mixers on there...

Sincerely,
Pat

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 10 Sep 2007 , 2:52am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkitten79

Ohhhhhh so jealous! THey are so $$$, I'm not sure i can justify $800 on a mixer!

Where are you incognito? I might be able to help out...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%